Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two dives today with Kyalami. Spadefish & Lighthouse. 77 F water temp, 40-80’ viz (varied significantly), mild N current. Sunny skies, low 80s air temp, 1-2’ seas. Beautiful day above & below the water!

.. 77 F water temp, 40-80’ viz (varied significantly), mild N current. Sunny skies, low 80s air temp, 1-2’ seas.
Nice way to spend Earth Day,,,See you tomorrow !!

See you tomorrow !!
I'm terrible at photography and Sunday's dives with JDC had alternating patches of viz from 40 - 70ft. Current was easy at 1.5knts and temps stayed right at 75. Saw Goliaths, turtles, a nurse, those damm reefies, and several lionfish. Just 2 photos below. A lionfish with nice 24 inch red grouper way behind under a ledge and @Divin'Papaw & me infront of the almost completely demolished US1 bridge in Jupiter (construction's moving Fast!)

IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

I'm terrible at photography and Sunday's dives with JDC had alternating patches of viz from 40 - 70ft. Current was easy at 1.5knts and temps stayed right at 75. Saw Goliaths, turtles, a nurse, those damm reefies, and several lionfish. Just 2 photos below. A lionfish with nice 24 inch red grouper way behind under a ledge and @Divin'Papaw & me infront of the almost completely demolished US1 bridge in Jupiter (construction's moving Fast!)

View attachment 780724

View attachment 780725

As always, it was a pleasure diving with you @Johnoly! You once again outdid yourself on the surface interval grub. Delicious kabobs hit the spot between dives! Thank you!

There are some nice size black grouper out there when season starts next week.
Those fish are very skittish and smart. Great vid !!

Question…
I haven’t dived out of Jupiter in a few years now.
I may end up back there at JDC in July ish.
Does anyone know if they’ll be ok w me strapping up independent twins?
I do t want to reconfigure my kit for two dives and I don’t want a buddy for the day as I’m used to diving solo.
Cheers

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom