Jupiter area banked nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True true.
Hence the need for viton "O" rings and christolube.
Buuuuuuut, I'm still befuddled why JDC would just slap an "Air Only" sticker on those tanks when they offer banked Nitrox.

How often do you see tanks with huge green and yellow "Nitrox Only" stickers on them and yet they have no VIP sticker that states it was O2 cleaned?
My tanks are reversed in that they have no big green nitroxonly stickers but I do have O2 cleaned VIP stickers on them.

How easy would it have been for me to just slap a couple of those big green stickers on those tanks and dropped them off for filling.
Fortunately, I understand the safety implications of such an irresponsible act.
Someone could be killed by such a stupid but often overlooked blunder.

Those big breen stickers do not qualify a tank as being O2 clean. Anyone can put those one any tanks. It has to have an O2 claean stamp from shop.

They should have given you banked Nitrox, not sure why they wouldn't do that. I believe Fillexpress even has posted on their site that they will fill any tank O2 clean or not with anything banked up to EAN40.

Those big breen stickers do not qualify a tank as being O2 clean. Anyone can put those one any tanks. It has to have an O2 claean stamp from shop.

They should have given you banked Nitrox, not sure why they wouldn't do that. I believe Fillexpress even has posted on their site that they will fill any tank O2 clean or not with anything banked up to EAN40.

They do, they do.... That is the only place where I can fill my tanks down here with anything up to 40%. I don't dive EANx often, so it is quite convenient. Just gotta be sure to analyze correctly, because 36 or 32 ins't 36 or 32 after diving air.:no:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom