June 18-30 Cozumel Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

additional photos and can be seen at Cozumel June 09 pictures by diverdownaz - Photobucket

Videos from our first day diving with the housing are at

Day3

I woke up at 1am started working on the trip report and uploading photos , Eileen slept until 7:30 the lazy bum she thinks were on vacation or something. The hotel had left a fruit basket yesterday, we had that and our standard protein shake for breakfast. We went across the street to the “beach” laid out listening to the sound of the waves and reading a book.

P6190032.jpg

They were getting ready for a wedding ceremony, it was funny to watch, the organizers kept moving and rearranging things at least times they moved were the chairs were located and how they were arranged. There were only 6 chairs how hard can it be? But I'm a guy and obviously don't understand.

About noon we headed to rockn java for lunch.
P6190057.jpg

P6190053.jpg

P6190054.jpg

P6190056.jpg

I had the chiliquilas sp? Eileen had fish tacos. She definitely out ordered me. Mine was good but hers was really good, the habenero hot sauce had great flavor but definitely not recommended for those that aren't used to spicy. After lunch it was souvenir shopping for the family and friends back home. I think we got almost everything so hopefully we don't have to do a full day again. There were 3 cruise ships in port today so things were a lot more crowded. We talked to one couple from Florida off the RCI ship they were actually looking for a timeshare guy to do the presentation. Not the way I would spend my time on an shore excursion but each to there own. Then it was back to the room so I could take a nap the heat, sun and lack of sleep really wear you out.

We tried to go to El Picque last night but they were closed, posted on SB and TA for assistance almost immediately got a reply from Deb with the answer they open at 7pm, seems like a strange time to open a restaurant. After my nap we watched the sunset
P6200062.jpg

and headed out to El Picque We got there about 7:30 and they were doing a brisk business, this was the fullest we had seen a restaurant. We were the only non locals in the place, I was prepared for no English to be spoken but the waiter spoke more than enough to get our order placed.
P6200067.jpg

P6200068.jpg

P6200072.jpg

We each had 4 tacos a mix of Pastor, Gringas, and Arrachera, and we had a XX and manzanita the bill was 120peso. So far Los Otates is my favorite for both the gringas and arrachera the pastor at El picque is better though. And since los otates is closer and cheaper we will go there over el picque. Of course that is after we get tired of trying new places.

Our after dinner ice cream was at “la flor de michocan” on juarez and 20th.

P6200073.jpg

They had a very good pineapple coconut that the wife kept stealing bites off of mine she had strawberry. Mine was definitely better.

Then it was back to the room, we made it back about 10ish then to bed. Of course I am awake at 2:30 writing the trip report again.

Misc notes. The water is so calm barely a ripple and definately nothing that could be considered a wave. We probably walked a least 5 miles today not a good idea in flip flops next time wear shoes. We are definately not in the US kept noticing little things today like a ramp that has a handicap sign but is 45 degrees and a about 3 ft long, the girl out in the middle of the road sweeping up leaves, a piece of plywood with the sharp ends of nails and screws sticking out into the sidewalk 1/2 inch just waiting to cut someone. And my favorite the lady riding sidesaddle on a scooter with her 2yr old on her lap, people would be flooding CPS phone lines aout her back home. I'm not saying any of that is wrong but it makes me chuckle a little.

Do the pics not stretch your thread on your Desktop PC...?

SB has a Photo Gallery, but it's so problematic that I hadn't tried it lately until today - and it's down again. Some V-boards like SB include software that will limit photo width to 700 wide automatically, but for some reason we can't do that with all of our other features. For Photobucket, you can change your default settings to 640 wide and use the IMG codes from those uploads.

Or, I usually use thumbnail pics which can be accessed with this link View attachment 61132 on most postings for fastest page loading and the option for the viewer to Right-click to open pics in a New Tab. Whichever method you choose, I didn't mean to sound "harsh," but I am stoic by nature, short on words at times, and seem so at some I suppose. :shakehead: Wish I'd left my original post up with [-]line-thru[/-] followed by my apologies if it did you you too.

You can use the Photobucket direct link url to connect to your vids, or - upload at Vimeo and show the vids live in the thread. Let me know if you'd like some help posting those.

Ok, the new photos should be better.

If I show the vids in the thread does it slow things down? The direct link would probably be best. I will do that tonight and hopefully I get some beter video quality as I practice.

If I show the vids in the thread does it slow things down?
Nope, but I don't want to hijack your thread, so - let me demonstrate on this thread: Vimeo Demonstration

Hi Diver Down,

I am on Cozumel as well. I am enjoying your trip report. So, thorough. Good work. Okay...can you tell me again what has been your favorite dish/restaurant? And where it is located? I am staying at Scuba Club just slightly south of downtown. I have breakfast and lunch included...but looking for dinner suggestions. Thanks for your help.

Mary

hahaha.gif
You've got a long thread on dinner suggestions, the Can Do map, and still asking. Funny, especially from a slender gal.

I bet it's all good. :D

I just reread the restaurant thread...was trying to avoid that! And loaned out my CAN DO map...so, CAN'T DO is more like it!!! I will get it back tomorrow.

I just reread the restaurant thread...was trying to avoid that! And loaned out my CAN DO map...so, CAN'T DO is more like it!!! I will get it back tomorrow.
How trusting of you, but then that's how I learned. Hope you do get it back okay, but it's value is diminished by the number of days you don't have it. I'd let anyone look at it, take notes, but not borrow it. :depressed: Half the time you don't get it back promptly, but maybe you only lost one days use of it.

DiverDownAZ: Nice report and topside pictures... keep 'em coming... although I'll be there in a few days myself, it really helps tide over the immediate, pre-trip jitters.

BTW, what netbook are you using? I specifically picked up an Acer Aspire One for this trip at a token price. I'm a programmer and for 10 years I was very adamant about not touching a computer on vacation. I obviously prefer to type so it'll make logging my dives more enjoyable. I'd also like to review my UW photos immediately so that I can make corrections. It'll also be nice for backing up my memory cards. The one I got has a 160GB HD so it's loaded with my music library for jamming tunes and a bunch of movies for my daughter to watch especially on the flights. I was planning to do daily entries on SB instead of the the proverbial, 3-month late report after we get back but I don't know... sure would seem like work then, huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom