July 4th weekend, Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi to all,

Well............ I tried to talk her into something different this year but Debbie likes going to Dutch Springs for the 4rth of July weekend. Besides it's gotten to be a yearly family dive trip. On a holiday weekend all the usual shops from NYC and Jersey aren't there doing training dives, so it's not crowded at all.

We'll be driving down on Thursday the 3rd. Diving Friday, Saturday, and a half day on Sunday. Driving home late Sunday afternoon.

We've talked about camping, but usually end up staying at a hotel. Camping we'd need to haul twice as much stuff.

We always have a great time with family and freinds on this trip.

Would anybody care to join us??

You know I'm in. :D

Hi to all,

Well............ I tried to talk her into something different this year but Debbie likes going to Dutch Springs for the 4th of July weekend. Besides it's gotten to be a yearly family dive trip. On a holiday weekend all the usual shops from NYC and Jersey aren't there doing training dives, so it's not crowded at all.

We'll be driving down on Thursday the 3rd. Diving Friday, Saturday, and a half day on Sunday. Driving home late Sunday afternoon.

We've talked about camping, but usually end up staying at a hotel. Camping we'd need to haul twice as much stuff.

We always have a great time with family and Friends on this trip.

Would anybody care to join us??

Check out Hotwire for the hotels near Dutch Springs. I saved a lot doing so on holiday weekends at Dutch Springs.

I got one 2.5 miles from Dutch Springs with free Continental breakfast for under $70 last year on Labor Day weekend.

Use Bethlehem, PA for the search.

I am still in, no matter what. I've cleared it with family, I have no work obligations, and I will just be coming off a summer session class and in much need of some "Dutch-ifying"! :D

Let me know what the deal is, if we're going to camp, room it or what. I may also be borrowing my brother's truck for the weekend. It doesn't have a tonneau cover, but I can transport stuff down and back in it.

VIVA LA DUTCH! :eyebrow:

So what's the deal, are we going down on the 3rd? I have class that morning from 8-10:05AM, but after that, I'm good to go. I just need to know if I should drive my brother's truck to campus and drive to Dutch from there, or go home and get it after class lets out.

So what's the deal, are we going down on the 3rd? I have class that morning from 8-10:05AM, but after that, I'm good to go. I just need to know if I should drive my brother's truck to campus and drive to Dutch from there, or go home and get it after class lets out.

I plan on driving down on the 3rd.
We may have to get together after your class.
If Debbie and Paul are diving, I won't have enough room for gear.
I'm bringing one single, and 2 sets of doubles.

3 more weeks from tomorrow?

Who else is going? 'Cmon LED-HEADS! :D

We had a great time!!

sorry some more of you couldn't join us!! :mooner:

Pictures?!! I wanna see some pictures from Dutch Springs! I miss diving there.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom