Joining the 109 Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So now the next question, where do people find large inner-tube like rubber bands to stretch around my AL30 and hold down my reg hose?

find a truck inner tube and slice it into a strip that is 1 inch wide and then tie a square knot into it to make a circle. the knot is a great handle to stretch the band when you want to slip something under it.

Alright, I am learning my lesson. Get the right tools first time. I got my new parts, and upon removing the low pressure side I saw a little flake of something on the piston o-ring as seen in the picture. I will be removing the o-ring, replace and re-assemble with the piston bullet. Right now there is a .012 shim in place, I am going to replace that with one .015 shim for a slightly higher pressure, and will see if the new o-ring helps with the drastic pressure drop.

Attachments

• IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 45
.015 was not enough. Pressure actually dropped slightly. I assume that might be related to the new hp oring. But the pressure change while purging was less then before. Now trying .010+.012

Sorry for the great delay, i had to add three shims, i did two on one side of the spring and 1 on the other side. Its been so long i dont recall what my final pressure was, but i think it was 135. Dropping a few psi at lower pressure. I got some spear fishing rubber hose to contain my regulator hose.

I have finally gotten out with my rebuilt 109, and success! it worked. And yes, it was better then my g500. And yes I am switching them out to have my G500 on my pony bottle, and the R109 as my primary. When it is opened all the way I compared the way it breathed to having my head out of the window while driving down the road, not free flowing though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom