Jet Fin Spring Straps- Resurrected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I bookmarked that. I take it you're using the closed loop ends? What diameter? I never measured any, thinking about what they look like I'm guessing 1/2 or 5/8 inch?

Never new I'd have so many options to just buy a lousy spring :D

What end, outside diameter, wire diameter? Depending on what answers I pick, I can buy them individually, or in packs of 5 or maybe some other qty.

Anyone feel like divulging the specs of the ones they use?

It is 1/2 inch diameter. It is already bent in each side. So, you don't need any additional work to make a hole to penetrate a string or thread.

Wayward Son:
Thanks, I bookmarked that. I take it you're using the closed loop ends? What diameter? I never measured any, thinking about what they look like I'm guessing 1/2 or 5/8 inch?

3932K54. That is the item # that I ordered from them.... 302 SS Extension Spring 11 inch Length, 1/2 inch OD, 0.062 inch Wire Diameter....

Thanks much. I'm going to try my hand at making a pair for my Jet fins, that'll be easy.

Later I'm going to tackle figuring out how to attach some to my wife Blades.

The only complaint I have about onlinemetals.com is their shipping. They only offer UPS, and the cheapest to ship a lousy $4.17 12" delrin rod costs $10.56 for ground.

I was expecting more like $5.00 or so in shipping. Still, 2 springs & 2 12" rods (might as well get an extra, for the same shipping) totalled $32.88.

In comparison, my LDS sells spring sets made by a local diver for $47.00 per pair, and the Scubapro sets run $67.

McMaster Carr's shipping isn't too bad, of course I live in NJ, so that could be why.

Nope, shipping on the springs was cheap. It's the other site that's high.

Now I have to decide how I want to attach them. Either the plate & bolt method at the start of this thread, or the traditional welding rod...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom