Jan 21, GoPro lost at Columbia Deep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once looked into insuring my camera with DAN and unless you have very expensive camera equipment it just did not make sense. GoPro would certainly not make sense to insure at least with DAN.

I once looked into insuring my camera with DAN and unless you have very expensive camera equipment it just did not make sense. GoPro would certainly not make sense to insure at least with DAN.
Yeah, DAN offers great Dive insurance, and other, questionable insurance plans.
Even State Farms stand alone Personal Articles policy is cheap. Forget DAN gear insurance or the other specialty carriers; call you homeowner/rental agent.

I have said it before...go to the pet store and make a tag with your name, phone number, e-mail...whatever information will help you get it back. Attach it to your camera housing. Next, make the first photo you take of a card with the same information. When someone turns on the camera, they will see that information. (I have mine in English and Spanish). Most importantly, clip the camera to your BC or put it on a wrist lanyard. I have seen many people hand carrying their cameras. Even if you have it on a stick of some kind, you can find a way to attach it to you.

:(Okay. So you can add a Sola 1200 video light to the Treasure hunt at Columbia Deep. Lost it yesterday but I have no idea at what point in the dive. Only noticed it when I went to light up a nurse shark under a ledge. Dove there again today but could not repeat the dive route as the currents were much stronger and in different directions..Reward.:)

I have said it before...go to the pet store and make a tag with your name, phone number, e-mail...whatever information will help you get it back.

Been diving forever, that's the first time I've heard of that, makes total sense.

Been diving forever, that's the first time I've heard of that, makes total sense.

Just 1.5 more suggestions on the tag(& put clear nail polish on it). Don't use your real name, use your scubaboard posting name. WHY?? Cause anyone who finds it will instantly use google to search. Your unique scuba board name will show up first rather than the hundreds of results by using your real name on the tag. P.S. I like to add a 3rd line line on my tag that says "$$Reward$$". Morning Beach walkers are more likely to call/Msg before listing it on Ebay.

Just 1.5 more suggestions on the tag(& put clear nail polish on it). Don't use your real name, use your scubaboard posting name. WHY?? Cause anyone who finds it will instantly use google to search. Your unique scuba board name will show up first rather than the hundreds of results by using your real name on the tag. P.S. I like to add a 3rd line line on my tag that says "$$Reward$$". Morning Beach walkers are more likely to call/Msg before listing it on Ebay.
Clear polish is probably a nice idea, but I've worn a self made dog tag on dives for years and it's never tarnished. Why not use my real name, phone number, address?

If you want to keep claiming they are expensive without checking, that's your problem. I will continue to suggest that camera owners at least call to check rates and terms on their homeowners/renters insurance and State Farm PAP.

Nice twist. I never claimed anything about whether they were expensive or cheap. I simply asked you to define cheap. You're the one that keeps calling them cheap yet have no ballpark number in mind, just that you remember far back in the past that it seemed cheap. How can you take a totally unknown amount and characterize it's affordability? You're the one making claims and then to expecting others to make the calls to back them up.

Nice twist. I never claimed anything about whether they were expensive or cheap. I simply asked you to define cheap. You're the one that keeps calling them cheap yet have no ballpark number in mind, just that you remember far back in the past that it seemed cheap. How can you take a totally unknown amount and characterize it's affordability? You're the one making claims and then to expecting others to make the calls to back them up.
Fair enough. I'll rephrase my suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom