Jan 21, GoPro lost at Columbia Deep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelagicsal

Dedicated Dive Bum
Reaction score
A half-mile norte del Centro, Cozumel, Mx.
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Posted in Cozumel 4 You:

Jan 21 our diver- F/MarionTarltonJr lost his Brand New first-time ever using....GO PRO Silver 4 w/arm extension @ Columbia Deep at about 100ft after coming out of the BIG Tunnel ... just before the last Big Formation of Columbia 90'.
If you could plz pass the word around your dive buddies & dive shops.... as we never know, perhaps we get lucky and someone finds it and is kind enough to return it back to Marion. His email is Tarlton37@gmail.com. I'm sure he'd be happy to treat someone to a few cold ones & some good food !! Gracias everyone & wishing you all a wonderful day ! Cheers!!

Similar to cameras... If he took a few shots or some video of his name, address, hotel in coz, and dive op he was diving with before he went into the water chances are far better if it is found it will be returned to him. If not... unfortunately, its a free Go-pro for whoever finds it unless theose who found it happen to be following this board and are honest. Before anyone goes diving anywhere with cameras or video equipment, always take photos with the camera or video with your Go-pro that has your name phone # and home address, the hotel you are staying at in Coz and the dive shop you are diving with. The odds of it making its way back to you are far greater but it always depends on who finds it.

Well, yeah, but I am just sharing a post trying to get this guy's camera back if someone finds It. Maybe you could email him all that so he will know, too.

Did he have a chance to register the serial number with go pro?

Did he have a chance to register the serial number with go pro?
No idea. I'm just sharing the post.

Don't forget dive computers, weights, snorkel keepers, flashlights...

He could just grab the next one he sees. I think the reefs are becoming covered in lost Gopros. :wink:
The manufacturer has frequent loses built into their sales model. This has got to be the most frequently lost item reported on Lost & Found forum. I pity anyone who buys one without insuring, but I have to wonder why the hell not...?! :confused:

Talk to your homeowners or rental insurance agent on how to list it on a rider, or see if State Farm is in your home area - super great Personal Articles policy for all sorts of things, easy claims, etc.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom