IYHO - Best Underwear for Ice Water Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol I am not selling anything, if I wanted to sell something I would make a commercial website. I am just a scuba diving enthusiast, trying to share a discovery I happened upon. To share an idea instead of just keeping the knowledge for myself. Just because I know how to make this stuff doesn't mean I want to start a business selling it, I am planning to retire and live in a dive resort.

anyway, here is a picture of my new controller made by Fathom dive systems, not affiliated just using their gear.

Attachments

• IMG-9160.jpg
    IMG-9160.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-9159.jpg
    IMG-9159.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 42
lol I am not selling anything, if I wanted to sell something I would make a commercial website. I am just a scuba diving enthusiast, trying to share a discovery I happened upon. To share an idea instead of just keeping the knowledge for myself. Just because I know how to make this stuff doesn't mean I want to start a business selling it, I am planning to retire and live in a dive resort.

anyway, here is a picture of my new controller made by Fathom dive systems, not affiliated just using their gear.
Start your own thread, you have gone way off topic on this one.

I thought this is about ice diving and exposure protection. Diving a 3mm in 77f is colder than an 8mm in 45f so a heater in an 8mm would be more effective in cold water than my 3mm heated set up is in the tropics.

Attachments

• IMG-9164.jpg
    IMG-9164.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 40
I thought this is about ice diving and exposure protection. Diving a 3mm in 77f is colder than an 8mm in 45f so a heater in an 8mm would be more effective in cold water than my 3mm heated set up is in the tropics.
In case you missed the note above, go start a new thread on this.

I use a fourth element Actic over a Kwark two piece suit. It used to keep me warm in 4C water for over an hour.
I've added a Santi heated vest to that to keep me just a bit more comfortable for longer as mine/cave diving I want that extra comfort and dexterity in my hands and feet.

Will switch to a Mola Mola thermoflexx++ later this year as donning the two x two piece suits just takes too long :)

Jag har quark navy extreme och under har jag quark kalsonger och tröja. Håller mig varm i 2 grader Celsius i 1,5h. Jag har också en Santi varmväst, men jag använder den nästan aldrig efter att jag bytte ut min santi Bz400

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom