It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...So is anyone working on planning this thing? I only have internet about once a week until i get back home, and Its been disappointing every time i refresh this thread :(

Cuz admittedly, I am really excited about this MNG because it is not even a week after i get home from being out of the country for 6.5 weeks! So it will be nice to get back in the ohio water and see everyone.

Last edited:
And I'm glad that it doesn't contain a bunch of BS that takes way to long to sort through just to see what is going on.

Hello all. I'm newly certified and would like to attend the M&G at Gilboa. Is it ok to show without a diving buddy and hook up with a group once I get there? It will be nice to meet some local divers for contacts for future dives.

Thanks,
Carl

Hello all. I'm newly certified and would like to attend the M&G at Gilboa. Is it ok to show without a diving buddy and hook up with a group once I get there? It will be nice to meet some local divers for contacts for future dives.

Thanks,
Carl

As long as the M&G haven't changed since I moved away there will be plenty of people there buddy-less willing to dive with anyone who needs one.

Just know your limits and make sure the person you are buddying with knows them too. Plan your dive, and dive your plan.

Thanks,
Carl

YES! :D Come on out, we'd love to meet you! The general procedure for diving is someone will say "Anybody ready to get wet?" and other people will say "Yes" then you plan your dive and off you go. Sometimes we dive in loose groups where everyone has a buddy but they travel the quarry in a herd and sometimes it's just a buddy pair heading out. There's generally someone ready to dive whenever you are.

Once you have your first adult beverage your diving is done for the day.
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks,
Carl

flyfishcje, com'on over; there's always a group getting wet sometime during the day.

On a serious note, I would like to get an approximate number of who's coming. I need to know how much kielbasa to bring. At. $3.49 a lb., I don't want to over-purchase, although it won't go to waste at my home. If you're not on the list of who is coming and bringing what, it's time to commit. We are only about 5 weeks away.

Thanks for the welcome. How do I get on the list? I'd like to bring a non-diver with me if that's okay. Is it bring your own food/beverage or do we all chip in? Thanks.

Carl

flyfishcje, com'on over; there's always a group getting wet sometime during the day.

On a serious note, I would like to get an approximate number of who's coming. I need to know how much kielbasa to bring. At. $3.49 a lb., I don't want to over-purchase, although it won't go to waste at my home. If you're not on the list of who is coming and bringing what, it's time to commit. We are only about 5 weeks away.

I am coming... I will bring something of a main dish. I am looking forward to our open, honest, and always PG rated fireside chats.

Back
Top Bottom