It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D If you thought the rubber band story was good, did I tell y'all about phosphate cancer????

No you didn't, so I guess will be seeing you, the new mutt, the new man and Charlie and his better half at the Meet & Greet. Please let Warm Water Wimp know what you'll be bringing. Oh and Mike has banned troll shirts from the quarry so I can't be sure what you will be wearing around the fire?

She will be a rebel and wear the troll shirt!
No Polly you didn't tell us about the phosphate cancer. I had to all but pry out of you about the rubber bands since.

She will be a rebel and wear the troll shirt!

Or she may wear nothing at all. Safety first though as our camp fires are typically hot enough to melt glass or singe hair in areas where it may not be appropriate if it were to be exposed to a fire of that magnitude. That is if you are not follically challenged that is.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

TMI, TMI!!!

So Polly are you and the family coming?

Food List (This list is pretty dismal, c'mon people!!!! COMMIT! For Spring MNG, the food list alone was a reason to show!)

Spartan Diver- Chocolate Chip Cookies (Represents all the food groups- good choice!)

Barracuda 2- Kielbasa

GTXL1200- bunkhouse, generator, Coffee Pot (mmmm...how about coffee and water to go with or is that up to the midget in the suitcase????)

Diver Paula- Chili

cldwdiver- Brats, buns & apples

mrsmitty13- CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Jchoby- something of a main dish (mmmm....spam casserole?)

Mitten Diver - passing dish (for donations like in church???)

Still excited about the cheesecake I see.... Thats a lot of !!!!!!!'s

flyfishcje.... Speaking as a newer diver and having attended my first MnG ever back in the spring, its a fun experience. I came alone not knowing anybody and got to meet some great people and will be back at this one. And don't worry about the whole buddy thing, there is people going in the water at many different times (seeing as I'm still new I'll probably want to go more often than most). So just pack up your things and come have a fun filled weekend! And by the way if gtxl1200 takes his regulator out of his mouth while diving and tries to show it to you, make sure you compliment him on it. :rofl3:

Thanks for the input...I am planning on Friday-Saturday (have to work on Sunday). It would be cool to get in a night dive...I'll bring marinated chicken for grilling (we call them spiedies in NY) Any comments on using a 5 mil suit with hood and gloves in late October? Hopefully that will be good. I'm not usually a freeze baby anyway. Looking forward to meeting some new folks.

Thanks for the input...I am planning on Friday-Saturday (have to work on Sunday). It would be cool to get in a night dive...I'll bring marinated chicken for grilling (we call them spiedies in NY) Any comments on using a 5 mil suit with hood and gloves in late October? Hopefully that will be good. I'm not usually a freeze baby anyway. Looking forward to meeting some new folks.

You will be OK with your 5MM...if you don't go too deep.

No you didn't, so I guess will be seeing you, the new mutt, the new man and Charlie and his better half at the Meet & Greet. Please let Warm Water Wimp know what you'll be bringing. Oh and Mike has banned troll shirts from the quarry so I can't be sure what you will be wearing around the fire?

We'd love to be there but Mike Doesn't allow dogs (well I guess if you are willing to pay more for your dog to get in than it costs you to dive) the man won't go that far north to dive a quarry, have a M&G up at the lakes and he might come.
Charlie will be down staying with us the week before.

If you're going deeper than 40 feet, I'd recommend a 7mm, that's what I wear there.

Ken

I haven't seen any "for sure's" on this but are people planning on doing underwater pumpkin carving? I would love to do it if anybody else wants to join me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom