It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rich - Is there anyway you could get a special permit for the GLWC to camp next to the quarry for a weekend? I would think the park district would want our business during the non-peak dive months.

Why not have it in the Marshall Islands where I am located?
It is really near by, I promise,
Safe Diving Everyone,
Robb

Let me get this straight. R U saying that unless we have the M&G in the Marshall's you aren't going to attend the M&G? You do realize some may deem you the leader of a "splinter cell". Beware!!! :D

Do miss your Italian beef at the meet & greets. You, too! :wink:

Paula

p.s. What happened to Electric Bear?

Close to what, Micronesia? lol. I must have a distorted perception of distances, 6700 miles as the crow flies isn't what I would call "really near by" unless we're talking about light years or Astronomical Units, in which case such a small distance could be part of a rounding error, and I may as well be there already. On a side note, I'm more than a bit jealous and I'll bet the diving is WAY better there...

Well I didin't make it to White Star yesterday, But Denny and I had a great couple of Dives at Gilboa on Friday. I like the set up there and saw in the back corner where M & G has been In the past and It seems to me, to be the optimal spot. But wherever it is I will be there.

Nate

Let me get this straight. R U saying that unless we have the M&G in the Marshall's you aren't going to attend the M&G? You do realize some may deem you the leader of a "splinter cell". Beware!!! :D

Do miss your Italian beef at the meet & greets. You, too! :wink:

Paula

p.s. What happened to Electric Bear?
Hi Paula,
I guess you could call it a splinter cell here, 7200 miles away, but I can't quite convince my new dive buds here the advantage to diving in drysuits, visibility less than 60ft, in temps less that 83 degrees year around, and visiting WWII wrecks, planes, and countless miles of almost untouched reef walls, and coral heads.
YES!!! I truely miss the Itialian beef, and al of the other awesome food that I would eat while dining out because the food here on base can be described as really bad wedding reception buffet food.
As far as the screen name Electricbear, I angered the Scubaboard gods by not agreeing with one of thier really frequent posters here, and they found about my "extra" profile that I created while being suspended for many, many TOS violations, and the gods merged them. Thank god for the gods on this board!!!
So, that's my story, if you are ever in the neighborhood, drop in to say hi. But seriously, if you would like to see the palce up close and personal, drop me a P.M. and I can fill you in on the details about getting here,
Safe diving everyone,
Robb

Hey all.
Won't be at the meet n greet this year, but as always will be thinking about y'all.

Sure do miss the s'mores.

Since I missed the spring M&G, I'm going to do my best to be at this one. In all likely-hood I won't be diving......... but then maybe I can get in a quick dive if my ankle cooperates. It could be the first dive for me in MONTHS.

hmmm.... strange food cravings? I wonder - the troll t-shirt been put to work?

Miss ya Polly!
Ha, not quite!

Here is Bob and my new arrival. He is absolutely precious, sleeps through the night and never a dirty diaper.

IMG_2057_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2095-1.jpg

IMG_2102-1.jpg

His name is Mack, and yes he is a retired racer. Can't imagine a better dog.

Funny you should mention the troll shirt. Just had it out for the first time probably since when y'all saw it last.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom