It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber, you know steve is goin g to be impossible to be around for quite a whiole now after that!

Yep, there was a M&G at Portage, I was the one that suggested it a an alternative, then I couldn't make it there that time.

I also have to throw my vote against Whitestar, and I love to dive White Star. The logistics of it for a camping type situation are just too great. Sorry Paula, been there, done that, it DON'T work there. Portage yes, but I prefer the diving at Gilboa.

My preference for diving: Gilboa, White Star, Portage

My preference for M&G type activities: Gilboa, Portage, Natural Springs

Ken

He's going to gloat forever now but I agree with Steve_Dives for the very reasons he posts. I practically move in when I dive, many of you have seen my base camp and helped set it up/tear it down. I've gotten to the point where I like to arrive on Fridays when I dive so I can set up and not have to tear down until Sunday. Set up/tear down two days in a row would suck. I would be more than happy to primitive camp in the area Steve mentioned or even in the parking lot near the walk-in entry at White Star.

I would be more willing to move to Portage (see steve's post for pro's and cons---his head's going to explode). Didn't we do a Fall M&G there a few years ago? I think it was when Mitten wasn't able to dive, I remember we all parked in the back and his trailer was backed up almost to the water. I have pictures but don't remember for sure if that was an actual M&G or the predecessor of the event.

Gilboa has it's problems but I do like being able to leave items out and not worry about them coming up missing. Mike pretty much knows who's on the property on any given day. This is a mini vacation for me so I compare it to my other vacation costs. This is one of the least expensive dive vacations I can take.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber, you know steve is goin g to be impossible to be around for quite a whiole now after that!

Yep, there was a M&G at Portage, I was the one that suggested it a an alternative, then I couldn't make it there that time.

I also have to throw my vote against Whitestar, and I love to dive White Star. The logistics of it for a camping type situation are just too great. Sorry Paula, been there, done that, it DON'T work there. Portage yes, but I prefer the diving at Gilboa.

My preference for diving: Gilboa, White Star, Portage

My preference for M&G type activities: Gilboa, Portage, Natural Springs

Ken

That settles it senior members have all spoken.... Gilboa it is. The only one not to speak up is Mitten Diver I guess he is still looking for HOT DAUGHTERS in the splinter cell group.

He's going to gloat forever now but I agree with Steve_Dives for the very reasons he posts.

I would be more willing to move to Portage (see steve's post for pro's and cons---his head's going to explode).

Wow! No threat of ear thwapping. No flying monkeys?!?! (They really do leave quite the mess.) *sniff* Do I get my junior bunny ears now?

Paula,
You still havent told me who is pregnant?? I dont know why? I'm so obsessed with that.

Is someone pregnant? Maybe we should start a baby watch thread or something???

:popcorn:

Paula: Friends and family is a big plus for me. I miss Ray and Libby and their family. & their dog! :wink: I'm not always able to dive but I'd like to think I'm welcome. & I know one of our regulars is pregnant right now and thus unable to dive. & another is out for medical reasons. We may not be able to dive but we like to talk diving and have the fellowship.

There it is in Black and white er um ok RED

Alright, alright already....I confess...it ISN'T me!:confused:

Paula,
You still havent told me who is pregnant?? I dont know why? I'm so obsessed with that.

1st - I AM NOT PREGNANT!

2nd - It's not up to me to spill the beans as to who is.

3rd - How the heck does the multi-quote thang work? Nothing happens when I click the link.

He's going to gloat forever now but I agree with Steve_Dives for the very reasons he posts.

4th - I am SOOOOO SORRY Ber. I never thought I'd make you agree with Steve in public.

5th - I still think it's wrong for the GLWC to always have the large M&Gs and thus promote one quarry. I like Gilboa but I also like many other quarries. A fun one for mid-Summer might be Joe's even if it's in another region!

6th - As others have pointed out the major cost differences add up for non-divers, camping and day only parking fees. White Star & Portage allow you to split the site cost.

7th - I have separate threads going but I'll be camping at Portage 8/22-24 and W* 10/17-19.

8th - How does one decide who the "senior members" of the GLWC are. Is that a good thing? :wink:

9th - Thank you for the discussion.

me

Multi quoting lesson:
Click on "M-Quote" button for each quote you want to include, the last quote you need to click on the "quote" button instead of "m-quote" and that will take you to the typing phase.

Alternatively you can type [/quote] at the end of each quote and
name here:
at the beginning to build your own quotes. You break a quote when any part of the brackets or forward slash are missing.

When you reply to quotes you need to make sure you type after the end quote tag of one message and before the beginning tag of the next message.

I know that's a weird order to put it but if I do it in the right order it will turn the entire text I typed into a quote without showing you the commands I used :D

Paula,
You know I'm taking a class with Steve this weekend...he's going to be unbearable.

PS, I would be game for invading KPP territory. I've been to Joes before and it has the close diving and camping, you can have one heck of a party actually... BUT no air fills available onsite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom