issues with BP/wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great - I just ordered one....couldn't see paying $175 for the Scubapro model when the OMS was 1/2 the price....I'm sure the Scubapro is better quality - but, even if I get 5 yrs out of the OMS - that good enough for now...

Hmm.....thanks....anyone know what the exchange rate is for UK vs USA?

Wow,
thats a sweet mail order site, even if you do have to pay S&H fees from UK to USA....any idea about HOW much it costs for a pkg that holds 2# from UK to USA?

I actually found a shop that has a Halycon setup in the store. The steel backplate measures 16 inches. My neck-to-waist measures 14.5 inches. The salesman had no idea how to adjust the harness, but I doubt it would adjust small enough anyhow. He was more intent on trying to convince to buy some "ladies" vests.

Dive Rite offers their backplate in a short size recommended for anyone whose back length is less than 17 inches.

Does anyone know of anyone who uses a Halycon harness/backplate who is as short-waisted as I am? I've e-mailed Halycon to see if they think their system will fit me - their advertising claims that their system is completely adjustable to fit anyone. I find that a little hard to believe - people come in such a huge range of sizes - just read some of the posts around here! One size fits all? I don't know about that... I sure like it, but it won't do me much good if the gear is hitting me in the back of the head and the backs of my legs!

Shadow,

Get a Fred T short plate for like $70 or something. Get his harness package and STA while you're at too. Just be sure to get a Halcyon wing :wink:.

Scuba446,

Shipping for my last reg from DiveInn cost about $18 -- just as a referrence.

Mike

REALLY? Wow $18 S&H is pretty sweet! Time to mail order from UK! Geez, I paid $210 USA for my AquaLung Titan XLC reg, and they have it in UK for like $100! Wow! Thats awesome!

Hi,
Someone suggested this site for Scubapro gauges mail order from UK. I contacted them on a guage, price was $45 UK, converts to like $40.00 US - problem IS, they are quoting me like $43 in SHIPPING fees to the USA! I thought someone on this message board said they just ordered something from the UK to the USA and it was like $18 in S&H fees!

????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom