Is semi-dry wetsuit to warm for Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:xeye: This may sound weird but would a dry suit be good to use in the Caribbean?
It sure would be nice to come out all dry and watch the other divers fight to get their wet suits off.

Nothing better than diving dry - even when the water is 80oF!

RJP.jpg

And surprisingly comfortable ABOVE water at 85oF as well.

WarmDry.jpg

Recently did 32 dry dives in 6 days in Bonaire. Have also been dry in Curacao, Caymans, Hawaii, and all around Florida.

Great, thanks RJP, I just bought a DUI TLS 350 and I plan on using it on my next trip south.
What undergarment would you recommend?

(sorry for the hijack, let me know and I'll start a new thread :))

Great, thanks RJP, I just bought a DUI TLS 350 and I plan on using it on my next trip south.

TLS 350 might be a bit much in the Caribbean, especially on dry land, but give it a go! I use just a pair of Patagonia Capilene 3 under my DUI 30/30 and am fine with that to 82oF.

Hijack away. It is all about keeping warm underwater. :wink:

I've dove dry in water temps around the low to mid 80's. I just find it more comfortable. My wetsuit doesn't have a pee valve, so that's another reason the dry suit is preferred at all times.

My wetsuit doesn't have a pee valve, so that's another reason the dry suit is preferred at all times.

On the other hand, neither does my tropical dry suit. On the rare occaision I do find myself wishing "damn, if only I had a wetsuit on right now..."

:D

I live here in the Caribbean. I would recommends a 3mm full with a Neoprene Hooded Vest. You lose most of your body heat from your Armpits, Head and Groin. A hood will really help. Try one out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom