Is on-line nitrox training for real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDI was the first to offer an Online Nitrox course... we embraced the eLearning concept more than four years ago with the launch of online Open Water Training. Now we have several SDI online specialties available including Nitrox, Wreck, Deep, Navigation etc. Important to understand, that only the academics are online. Still have to interact with an instructor and, where required, do the field and inwater work.

Currently, none of our TDI curriculum is available as blended (online) training...

Hey Steve,

Good to have you here! :) Do you know if the courses like gas blender will be available online at any point? My resident TDI instructor is a two hour drive away. We've talked about doing the gas blender course, but we've both have had scheduling conflicts. I'm sure we will get it done at some point, but I think that having the academics online would be good. :)

I just completed the TDI course. Here is the address: https://www.sdi-onlinetraining.com/
I will get a cert for the class, but didn't even have to go to the LDS. I think I would have liked it better to have some sort of classroom training. Such as the analyzer. But then again, the one they show you will probably not the one you will use when you need it.

Jimmer,
Can't say I have any certain online site picked out. Just did a search and seen there was a few listed. I read somewhere and I can't remember where, but they guestioned the certification of certain sites. Even going as far as asking if the card or certification one would get would even allow you to get nitrox filled. I'm pretty new to the nitrox world and would love to get certification, however my local dive shop doesn't perform this service so I thought about an online course, thus my thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom