Question Is GUE jump protocol unsafe in 0 viz??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will preface this with the fact that it has been a few years since I took Cave 1, but...if the team gets separated, zero vis, and diver 1 gets to the jump tie in, feels 2 cookies, but needs to exit, if he leaves his cookie, and exits, doesnt that create an issue with diver 2 when he gets to the cookies, finds both still there, and now makes (the wrong) assumption his buddy is behind him? Creating the possibility that diver 2 goes back to look for diver 1 or waits for diver 1.

Or, during the GUE EDGE the divers agree, if they get separated, and it is zero vis, to leave the cookies and head for the border and if everyone doesn't surface, well, guess you are still in the cave?
I believe the training is take your own cookie but leave the jump obviously still in. That’s why tying into your own REM (one of the pictures above) is interesting.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom