is morrison spring open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bellaleo

Registered
Reaction score
i live in a small town called friuthurst in north
# of dives
0 - 24
my friends and and i are planing a trip to vortex spring. we are wonting to know if Morrison spring is open for swiming and diveing both OW and cavern cave so we can check it out while we are there.

thanks
Bella:blinking:

I think Morrison springs will be closed until summer (they are working on some improvements).
Vortex springs is open 7am to 7pm every day.

They've moved the gate at Morrison back a bit. It's a hike from where you can park your car to the water. I'm not sure whether they are allowing divers/swimmers there during construction. Right now the river level has made the visibility in the basin zero anyway.

my friends and and i are planing a trip to vortex spring. we are wonting to know if Morrison spring is open for swiming and diveing both OW and cavern cave so we can check it out while we are there.

thanks
Bella:blinking:

I'm not sure if the park itself is open just yet, but you'd likely still be able to access the spring via a little spring from the downrun boat launch. If you are newly certified by then, consider not going into the cavern until you get more time underwater. IMHO, Morrison has one of the friendlier, more forgiving caverns, but its still an overhead and you shouldn't make light of it.

The OW portion of Morrison, and especially its spring run, are quite enjoyable for OW divers and snorklers when the visibility is up(which its not right now :( ).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom