Is it time for another gathering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we had six come out today -- and Alan made seven a little later -- for the Swampers Day at CSSP. In addition to me, there were Tom (Firefyter) and his wife, Peyton; Des (Texass); Mike (sealskin98) and Tod (ReefHound -- very nice meeting you and diving with you....you are now OFFICIALLY a Texas Swamp Diver). The vis was some of the worst (if not THE worst) I have ever seen in the five years I've been diving there. On dive #2, the five of us (Des had to leave) got seperated and wound up with sealskin surfacing on his own, me and ReefHound buddying up and Tom and Peyton together. We all did hour-plus dives (my first two -- YAY!!) on both tours, but the south side was absolute ZERO visability on the second dive. Grand Cayman and Catalina were both sounding pretty nice by the time we surfaced from the second dive. :frown:

I think from now on, I am going to let Debra (Debraw) coordinate the future Swamper Dives as Divers Day Outs from her shop, and I'll just do the restaurant gigs. We'll probably have another one in January or February, unless you guys want to have one before then. If so, please let me know.

ScubaTexan:
Well, we had six come out today -- and Alan made seven a little later -- for the Swampers Day at CSSP. In addition to me, there were Tom (Firefyter) and his wife, Peyton; Des (Texass); Mike (sealskin98) and Tod (ReefHound -- very nice meeting you and diving with you....you are now OFFICIALLY a Texas Swamp Diver). The vis was some of the worst (if not THE worst) I have ever seen in the five years I've been diving there. On dive #2, the five of us (Des had to leave) got seperated and wound up with sealskin surfacing on his own, me and ReefHound buddying up and Tom and Peyton together. We all did hour-plus dives (my first two -- YAY!!) on both tours, but the south side was absolute ZERO visability on the second dive. Grand Cayman and Catalina were both sounding pretty nice by the time we surfaced from the second dive. :frown:

I think from now on, I am going to let Debra (Debraw) coordinate the future Swamper Dives as Divers Day Outs from her shop, and I'll just do the restaurant gigs. We'll probably have another one in January or February, unless you guys want to have one before then. If so, please let me know.

Ken you are to be commended for a great job! I enjoyed the couple of visits. The vis was not good at all....but the weather despite being warm was not all to bad. Great seeing everyone.....Des its been a while and you to Mike,,,,but glad we got to say HI. Tom and Payton always a pleasure seeing you guys.......Tod we all need to hit a watering hole in your neck of the woods sometime. I set-up my new Diveyak tonight----wow what a craft....now I need a brave dive buddy----lol!

ScubaTexan:
The vis was some of the worst (if not THE worst) I have ever seen in the five years I've been diving there.

I miss seeing you guys but this makes me feel better about missing the dives!

ScubaTexan:
On dive #2, the five of us (Des had to leave) got seperated and wound up with sealskin surfacing on his own, me and ReefHound buddying up and Tom and Peyton together.

Sorry about that guys, I looked back and everyone was gone! Oh well, had a nice little wall dive after I lost y'all. No need of wasting a full tank. Had several bass swim with me for awhile like a pack of wolves on the hunt. One of them was tearin' up some of the schools of the little fish.

ScubaTexan:
We all did hour-plus dives (my first two -- YAY!!) on both tours, but the south side was absolute ZERO visability on the second dive.

Congrats. on getting over an hour out of that little tank! That thing would just be a pony bottle for me! :D

Even though the vis. wasn't that great I had a good time. See y'all out there again later.

Sounds like you all had a good time... ST YES Friday could work!! FF... I still love ya man....

Which I could have been there but family duties called... Next time!!

Yeah the vis wasn't quite up to par, but the company was great. I finally got to meet Firefyter's better half (he's obviously a whole lot smarter than we thought) and Reef Hound who was visiting from Houston. And of course the usual group of suspects were present.

(We missed ya Truck, you bassturd - I heard about the bumper sticker BTW)

sealskin98:
Congrats. on getting over an hour out of that little tank! That thing would just be a pony bottle for me! :D

Thanks, Mike! Yeah, 62 minutes out of an AL63 isn't too bad, I guess... :D

Here's a few pics. from the day.

ScubaTexan, Texass, Sealskin, ReefHound (sorry I didn't get a better pic.), and Peyton.

Didn't get a pic. of Alan (Texdiveguy) when he dropped by...if we'd of had a table and a beer bottle salt shaker I sure would have gotten a pic. :11:

I didn't get one of Tom (Firefyter) either this time; we had sent him to go get the tanks filled. :D

Just kiddin' Tom, you're the best tank filler-upper. I got 3200 from the one at the dive site! Must be your magic touch, I usually end up with about 2700 once the steel tank cools down when it is filled there.

Not to mention the fills I get when Tom himself fills them....

OK let's see here... ScubaTexan, ReefHound, Texass, Seal & Peyton. Well ReefHound sure looks purdy (in a manly way), but dang if I don't look just like you - when did we become twins?!!!

edit: Hey you cheated and rearranged everything while I was posting this.

Texass:
OK let's see here... ScubaTexan, ReefHound, Texass, Seal & Peyton. Well ReefHound sure looks purdy (in a manly way), but dang if I don't look just like you - when did we become twins?!!!

edit: Hey you cheated and rearranged everything while I was posting this.

Hey, you were reading it while I was editing...:D

Just now put Alan's screen name up there....

I'm not real swift yet at posting pics....I'm a little slow. :wink:

By the way...Thanks for taking the pic. for my avatar!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom