Is it time for another gathering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98:
Here's a few pics. from the day.

Didn't get a pic. of Alan (Texdiveguy) when he dropped by...

Hey Mike you are very good with the camera....---you DID get a picture of me,,,,I am in the forground of Reefhounds pix,,I have on the white t-shirt at the other pavillon. :)

I was out there around 10 am on beast beach and did not recognize anyone, so I hung out the the classes and the Deputy Sheriff from LA. Maybe I should have gotten better directions last time. Had fun anyway. See ya, Bruce

TxWingnut:
I was out there around 10 am on beast beach and did not recognize anyone, so I hung out the the classes and the Deputy Sheriff from LA. Maybe I should have gotten better directions last time. Had fun anyway. See ya, Bruce

Dang, we were right next to ya...literally!! We were about 10-15 yards south of the bench. There was an EZ-up with a couple of young girls next to it, and we were next to them under another EZ-up. Matter of fact, we walked over there SEVERAL times using the trash can next to the bench. Alan (texdiveguy) was at the pavilion right in front of the bench with a class, so you were surrounded by swampers the whole time!!

I'm sorry we missed ya, we'll try our best to do better next time. I'm gonna check into getting a banner made so that this doesn't happen.

I saw several divers at the Beast Bench, but I had no idea you were one of them. I'm really sorry, too, Bruce. Like Tom said, we'll do a better job of coordinating next time.

Tom -- if you get a banner, let me know and I'll help pay for it. :)

Firefyter:
There was an EZ-up with a couple of young girls next to it, and we were next to them under another EZ-up.

Be careful, your better half is gonna wonder how you managed to notice that and remember it as a "landmark".

OMG! I can't believe that farmer's tan I'm sporting. I took the girls to Splashtown last week and wore a tee shirt all day. But I'd still rather have people laugh at me than to feel the pain of a bad sunburn.

CSSP was fun. You could tell in a few places that the viz could be really good. Hey, I saw the plane and the boat. But the fact that it was a low vis day just makes me determined to come back and conquer it. Plus the people are what really makes the diving fun.

Bruce, I didn't recognize anyone either (or have any clue where or what a "beast bench" was) so I stood guard at the checkin. ScubaTexan probably thought he was being arrested, as soon as he said "Swamp Diver" all the girls at the tables pointed at him and said "there he is" to me.

TxWingnut I was using the Beach Bench Sat.,,,,as a matter of fact I may of greeted you in the morning!?! I did not know you were a Swamper---sorry. ***I was back out today at the lake and vis was no better,,,,,did get into some chilly water at 40'/74f.. ZZZzzzz

ReefHound:
ScubaTexan probably thought he was being arrested, as soon as he said "Swamp Diver" all the girls at the tables pointed at him and said "there he is" to me.

No, girls always point at me and say "There he is!" when I'm out there... :07:

:rofl:

Hmmm...did I get the arrows right?

sealskin98:
Hmmm...did I get the arrows right?

Arrows are correct, and that is my gear strapped to THE BENCH---lol!

Hmm...a lot of things we didn't notice that day, huh?

Alan, let me know when ya wanna go up to Broken Bow...sounds good to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom