Is it time for another gathering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten9T6:
I will be out there this weekend for my Rescue class and next weekend for fun. It would be cool to meet some of you...I wanted to make it out last Sunday, but I ended up spending all day in some classes.

Kenny

Are you going with the ScubaToys group??

Sorry I couldn't fine you all today. We ended up on the East side of the lake. I didn't arrive until 10AM and made a stop at the tank shed. They ran out of rental. Good thing I called Thursday to reserve. Went down with another family. Truck driver, I did not see your red vehicle. Maybe tomorrow.

Question, the vis was very bad. Is it always that way?

Dutchman:
Sorry I couldn't fine you all today. We ended up on the East side of the lake. I didn't arrive until 10AM and made a stop at the tank shed. They ran out of rental. Good thing I called Thursday to reserve. Went down with another family. Truck driver, I did not see your red vehicle. Maybe tomorrow.

I was there, from about 9am til about 5:30. On the west side, just north of the porta-potties.
Look for a red 2-door Chevy Tahoe with a 6 foot cb antenna on the roof, that would be me. Today, I was parked right next to the S.I. Scuba shop's trailer.
Yea, vis wasn't really very good today, although the far north end was alright.
We did one dive toward the south and it got pretty cloudy the farther south we went.
Hope to see ya in the morn!

Well we are getting up at 5:30am so we can be out at CSSP by 7AM. Tina " Twinkles" has reserved us a spot on the North side tonight and we are going to get there early to stake our spot out. I think I thought of everything! See y'all tomorrow at the SISCUBA Trailer. :wink:

Dutchman:

Noooooooooo, we had 25-40' vis all spring. It just gets bad in the hot months and especially on weekends, when so many classes, etc. are in the water. Don't give up on CSSP, the vis will improve this fall, and it is almost always decent on a Friday or other weekday.

Foo

Foo:
Noooooooooo, we had 25-40' vis all spring. It just gets bad in the hot months and especially on weekends, when so many classes, etc. are in the water. Don't give up on CSSP, the vis will improve this fall, and it is almost always decent on a Friday or other weekday.

Foo

The algae was bad but the newbies have alot more to do with it than anything. Not really their fault but still kills the vis. What gets me is when they have issues with "tilling up the bottom" and it goes uncorrected. I was doing a dive along the north end of the wall on Sunday. I entered a blizzard of falling silt and hydrilla. I thought...someone bumped the wall, it'll pass. NOOOOO when I came upon the small group there was an instructor (I won't mention his name or shop affiliation) and 2 students. The instructor was shadowing the newbies, one of which was swimming ALONG the wall. Not a couple of feet off of it, ALONG it. It did not get corrected in the time that I was in view and, from the snowfall that I went through, hadn't since it started.

what a shame, Rant over.

:11:

Well Folks....We're gonna have to pull a Foo this weekend. :11ztongue Beast has a chance to finish last weekends job and the $$ is hard to pass up, especially with all the rainy weekends we've had.

So like my friend Foo says....we'll try again next time. :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom