Is it time for another gathering?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is a shorty adequate for CCSP this time of year?

ReefHound:

A shorty should be fine down to 23ft or so. That's pretty much where we stay anyway, but if you get any deeper it may start getting a little chilly.

ReefHound:

I was just there for the first time on Sunday. I wore a full 3mil suit and got chilly around 28ft. It's nice and toasty above that though! Thermoclines rock! :)

~Shelley

I wore my 3mm on Saturday and got a little chilled at 42 feet. Nothing uncomfortable, though, but my 5mm feels a lot better... :)

Everyone is different. What are the temps?

I recorded 75 degrees in Twin Lakes and felt absolutely fine, in fact it felt good. A lot better than the 80's at the top. I think I could handle low 70's in a shorty for just a few dives. Maybe not on a 4-dive day or consecutive dive days, though.

Anybody dive a shorty and a hood? That might retain more body heat than a full 3mm without hood.

ReefHound:
Everyone is different. What are the temps?

It was 82 on the surface and 71 at 42 feet...

ReefHound:
Anybody dive a shorty and a hood? That might retain more body heat than a full 3mm without hood.

You may not necessarily need the hood for warmth, but it'll sure keep your ears safe from the man-eating Perch.

Hey....what's the Beast Bench anyway? And none of this north / south stuff...some of us get all turned around. I know, I know, I should pay attention to the rise and fall of the sun, but to be honest the only attention I pay to it when I'm out there is how to stay out of it! To the left, or to the right, when you come through the gates? :)

Looks like I may be there for 23 & 24; hoping to camp over. :D

The Beast Bench is a gear bench over by the second set of pavilions on the north side. To get to the north side, turn left as you get past the gate and and wind your way around to the pavilions that you see ahead. You're heading north when you do that... :)

Camp as in a tent. It' 100 degrees. Hope AC works. We will be out 23rd & 24th also. Then the following weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun.

kevreid:
I'm planning on being out on the 23rd. Can't make it Sunday.
Kewl!! Meet ya at the usual spot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom