Is it me or is it them??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're getting less than 80 cuFt of air they shouldn't charge you more than for a standard fill with hyperfill.

I'm guessing $8-$10 depending on local rates.

The problem is that you talked to someone who doesn't understand what you actually want.

flots.

> Sorry, but I have done a number of dumb things diving and survived, but I would not recommend them to anyone.

sure
but diving 130 ft with 32% is not unusual

some years ago, the PPO2 limit was 1.8 or 2.0
now it is 1.4, for security.
here, it's usually 1.6

where is the truth ?

> Sorry, but I have done a number of dumb things diving and survived, but I would not recommend them to anyone.

sure
but diving 130 ft with 32% is not unusual

some years ago, the PPO2 limit was 1.8 or 2.0
now it is 1.4, for security.
here, it's usually 1.6

where is the truth ?
Actually, I have been to 1.8+ in a moment of temporary stupidity, but I'd still never suggest anyone else try it. What was acceptable years ago is debatable. Your 32% dive to 147 ft was beyond recommend safety limits, and I still would not suggest 32% to 130.

FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS FOR NITROX????!!!! That's highway robbery.

Around here, a Nitrox fill is generally about $12 for a single tank -- which would make it $24 for doubles, which is still highway robbery. I can get a 21/35 fill in my 85s for $60.

If the shop charges you anything more than a single tank air fill charge, they're out of line, IMO.

Man -- Cadillac prices on Nitrox in the East, NO Nitrox in SoCal . . . despite our weather, Puget Sound is looking better and better.

Wait . . . . whaat?!?!?! Seriously??? NO as in NADA Nitrox in Southern California???? Why?

Now one bit I'm not qualified to comment about is the 21% bit. Are you saying you want them to top your tanks off with a 21% mix or you want a top off with air?

:huh:

Wait . . . . whaat?!?!?! Seriously??? NO as in NADA Nitrox in Southern California???? Why?
I think that it is rare there. I did a day boat from Long Beach to Catalina that had it once, but it's uncommon I think.

It's bad enough they discriminate against doubles like many others but they are also ripping you a new one on the base prices.

At those prices I would be in a rebreather class by the end of next week.

From past experience I know that they will charge at least $29 for the fill. What I was trying to find out is, am I being cheap or are they over charging me. From all of the posts I think I know the answer. I am not happy with the price of Nitrox fills around my area but in NY diving is limited to a few months a year and as a business owner myself I understand they need to make a living. All I am asking for is 1250psi of O2 compatible air to top off the tanks. They are the ones who originally filled the tanks, if they are concerned about contamination or question the tank contents I will let them bleed off the 32%.

You keep saying that $58 is a normal price for a doubles fill of nitrox for your area. Are you absolutely certain of that?? Have you actually checked out the prices at the other shops?? Because that can not be at all normal. That certainly isn't the norm for the rest of the country even near popular dive destinations. Most people can get a He fill for that much.

I just moved from Queens, NY. $59 for a double fill of nitrox is insane dude. :depressed:

Village Divers in Manhattan (and likely not the cheapest btw) charges $15 per tank for 100 cubic feet of 22-40%.

You keep saying that $58 is a normal price for a doubles fill of nitrox for your area. Are you absolutely certain of that?? Have you actually checked out the prices at the other shops?? Because that can not be at all normal. That certainly isn't the norm for the rest of the country even near popular dive destinations. Most people can get a He fill for that much.
I got number of 9 shops on the island. Want me to call them? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom