Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

News are getting worse. Some meetings are canceled at work. Houston Rodeo was canceled yesterday.

I see many colleagues, who are not Off for Spring Break, are working from home, including Skype meeting rather than face-to-face meeting in conference rooms. The office is pretty quiet today.
I would not look at it as the news getting worse - this is just what we need to be doing to manage this crisis effectively and get past the peak as quickly as possible. Lot's of us can effectively work remotely these days, so the more folks that do that, the better off we will all be.

Certainly not a good situation but we do need to change alot of behaviours in the next few months to manage the publice health!

I cancelled my Indo trip through Singapore last night. Don't want to get quarantined somewhere....
Lost $200 per ticket on flight cancelation, trying to move resort arrangements to next year at no cost. We'll see.
yeah, if I were going to Indo I might do the same. I'm going to T&C so figure I'll see how it shakes out. Then again, you may be in the clear since that area of the world got hit first so may get over it first and T&C might be prohibited or in the throes of it when it comes time for my trip.

We should all just caravan down to FL. :)

We should all just caravan down to FL. :)

9 of us are already plan for that in August. We plan to spend 2 days in Key Largo charter 2 boats from Quiescence and 2 days in Jupiter to charter Scuba Works boat to see Goliath Grouper spawning & muck diving under Blue Heron Bridge. :)

From May on, I’ll be having 6 Saturday’s and a Sunday in every week. No more Monday to Friday in my calendar. So (fingers crossed) I’ll go diving somewhere every month until my body says enough of that and do something else.

Just received the following notice from management. Travels & Meetings are for business critical only and require Executive Vice President approval. Avoid meetings, conferences and events with large groups of > 15, visitors will be screened and asked to fill out questionnaires by site security.

so between yesterday and today 1pm there have been another 584 deaths. This virus is moving fast and while yes there are 7.8 billion people on the planet -584 deaths is quite significant to me

Well, I haven’t read this whole thread but I suspect it’s a typical SB thread where a few level-headed and pleasant posts are periodically interrupted by insane people spending their authorized hour in the sanitarium’s library computer lab venting all their pent up frustrations and applying their irrational thinking to the world.

At any rate, yes is my response to the original question. It appears my Technical Dive Dork Boot Camp training pipeline in Dubai in April followed by Overheadapalooza 2020 in Malta in May are under threat.

I’m not giving up hope but I also realize I’m not quite the gritty optimist that Sir Winston was.

We closed the flights from China before USA, but it appears that it was not enough for stopping the virus:
Italy Banned Flights From China Before America - It Didn’t Work

Well it worked in Taiwan. Of course it did not work in Italy as many people crossed into Italy with the virus. That's open borders for you. Of course Italy banned Taiwanese claiming Taiwan is part of China which of course it never has been.

I've seen some cheap 3 day Komodo packages advertised now. Might take one when I go to Bali soon.

Well it worked in Taiwan. Of course it did not work in Italy as many people crossed into Italy with the virus. That's open borders for you. Of course Italy banned Taiwanese claiming Taiwan is part of China which of course it never has been.

I've seen some cheap 3 day Komodo packages advertised now. Might take one when I go to Bali soon.
In reality, we did not really understand where the virus arrived from, but it appears it did not arrive directly from Chinese people. No connection was found between the first wave of infected and China. There was some connection with Germany, but in the end we did never find patient #0.
Patient #1 was a very active young man, which in just one week had strict contacts with hundredths of people, infecting most of them. Which in turns infected other thousands, and now we have pandemic.
I do not think that this could had been prevented in any way.
Now here the whole country is locked at home, shops are closed, and people work form home through the computer. It is forbidden to exit, if yo do not have valid reasons, which you must write down and sign. And if you write a false justification, it is a penal crime with severe fines. Police is controlling at critical points and stop people asking for the written document. Our towns are desert. It is something never seen, except some catastrophic films about nuclear war.
The incredible thing is the silence. Our towns have always been very noisy, and now you only hear birds or dogs barking far away. Or ambulances. Even in the bad days of the oil crisis in 1973, when it was forbidden to use any motorised vehicle, there was not this surreal silence, as people where walking all around and chatting loudly.
Now Parma seems a ghost town, and the TV shows similar scenes also in Milan, in Rome, etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom