Is Coronavirus keeping you from booking liveaboard/overseas trips this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And Utah Jazz player rumoured to be Rudy Gobert:

Coronavirus update: NBA suspends season after Utah Jazz player tests positive for COVID-19

The virus does not discriminate.
Nor it is a death sentence or even likely a serious illness for the vast majority of those infected - and many will end up infected. At this point, It’s really about trying to contain the spread as best we can to minimize transmission to the high risk individuals who do have a high risk of death if infected.

Probably a smart thing to do right now. There have been entire companies locally that have had to send home all their staff due to one person going on vacation, coming back positive (unbeknownst to the person at the time) and going to work.

I will be working from home for the foreseeable future and am grateful for the flexibility right now.
Same here - we just got a notice of a suspected case on our site so I’m going to work remotely for now as well! I suspect the whole site will officially go remote very shortly.

My problem is I plan my liveaboard trips 1-2 years in advance. I have 5 liveaboard trips booked for 2020 before hearing this Coronavirus pandemic announced and haven’t dropped any of them, yet. Fingers crossed. Hopefully this COVID-19 hysteria dies down by summer time.

1. Jan - Raja Ampat on Amira
2. May - French Polynesia on FP Master
3. Jul - Guadalupe on Belle Amie
4. Sep - Cocos on Argo
5. Nov - Bahamas on Dolphin Dream

My problem is I plan my liveaboard trips 1-2 years in advance. I have 5 liveaboard trips booked for 2020 before hearing this Coronavirus pandemic announced and haven’t dropped any of them, yet. Fingers crossed. Hopefully this COVID-19 hysteria dies down by summer time.

1. Jan - Raja Ampat on Amira
2. May - French Polynesia on FP Master
3. Jul - Guadalupe on Belle Amie
4. Sep - Cocos on Argo
5. Nov - Bahamas on Dolphin Dream

I think I'm going to roll the dice as well. I'm in the 60% refundable window on my next trip, but I've got 3 months or so until it goes so barring being legally forced not to go I still plan on going.

News are getting worse. Some meetings are canceled at work. Houston Rodeo was canceled yesterday.

I see many colleagues, who are not Off for Spring Break, are working from home, including Skype meeting rather than face-to-face meeting in conference rooms. The office is pretty quiet today.

I think I'm going to roll the dice as well. I'm in the 60% refundable window on my next trip, but I've got 3 months or so until it goes so barring being legally forced not to go I still plan on going.
I cancelled my Indo trip through Singapore last night. Don't want to get quarantined somewhere....
Lost $200 per ticket on flight cancelation, trying to move resort arrangements to next year at no cost. We'll see.

News are getting worse. Some meetings are canceled at work. Houston Rodeo was canceled yesterday.

I see many colleagues, who are not Off for Spring Break, are working from home, including Skype meeting rather than face-to-face meeting in conference rooms. The office is pretty quiet today.

Dan, I gotta respect you. Looks like you have a corporate job. How in heck do you get off so much time for all those trips? Damn, I'm envious!

Dan, I gotta respect you. Looks like you have a corporate job. How in heck do you get off so much time for all those trips? Damn, I'm envious!

Don’t be. It took me 35 years of work to get to this point of life. :)

I usually only have 1 or 2 liveaboard trips/ year. Since I’ll be retiring by May. I plan to celebrate it by going to these trips while I still can. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom