Is “Churro Man” still around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sefuchs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I used to see “Churro Man” walking around selling fresh made churros, usually around Casa Del Mar - Blue Angel area. Does anyone know if he’s still around? Haven’t seen him our last few trips. His churros are fantastic!

Saw him in December 2023. Hopefully someone will have a more recent update for you.

Javier Panero aka “Churro Man”!

He’s on Facebook if you’re on there. I haven’t tried it yet, but I read you can message him and he’ll come to you. A very intelligent man, by the way.

We see him often on his bike. Just send him a Facebook messenger message and he will happily deliver his churros .

Saw Javier yesterday (8/19) just as I got back from the gym. He stopped to ask if I wanted any. He used to ring the doorbell and check with us.

Thanks all for the info on Javier. Glad to hear that he is still around. Will make a point to find/contact him while I'm on the island this winter.

I used to see “Churro Man” walking around selling fresh made churros, usually around Casa Del Mar - Blue Angel area. Does anyone know if he’s still around? Haven’t seen him our last few trips. His churros are fantastic!
He came around Blue Angel every morning when we were there late June - early July.

He seems to always be at BA in the mornings and afternoons. In July I just gave him a $20 and told him I wanted to pay up ahead for the week. He seemed happy and I saw him often enough that it made it totally worth my while. It's the perfect sweet to go with an afternoon coffee when your sitting gazing at the ocean after two really nice dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom