Is “Churro Man” still around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Messaged Javier yesterday afternoon and he brought churros to me at Villa Las Anclas. Such a happy and pleasant man.
Didn't I hear that he is degreed in an engineering discipline and quit the corporate word to sell churros on Cozumel?

Didn't I hear that he is degreed in an engineering discipline and quit the corporate word to sell churros on Cozumel?
He told us that he was a veterinarian (my daughter is also a vet) so not sure what his life 'before' was....

He told us that he was a veterinarian (my daughter is also a vet) so not sure what his life 'before' was....

My husband says he was an engineer. I thought it was medical of some type but that may be because I was in the medical field. So I’m not sure now.

He seems to always be at BA in the mornings and afternoons. In July I just gave him a $20 and told him I wanted to pay up ahead for the week. He seemed happy and I saw him often enough that it made it totally worth my while. It's the perfect sweet to go with an afternoon coffee when your sitting gazing at the ocean after two really nice dives.
What a great idea that I can't believe I never thought of.... No more rushing back to the room for pesos...

What a great idea that I can't believe I never thought of.... No more rushing back to the room for pesos...
After 15 years of running for pesos or eating them on 'credit' I was finally struck with a bolt of divine inspiration!

His hair is a little greyer now (this was 2015) but the blue bucket is still rolling strong!! Vanilla and apple cinnamon are my favs.

IMG_5082.JPG

His hair is a little greyer now (this was 2105) but the blue bucket is still rolling strong!! Vanilla and apple cinnamon are my favs.

View attachment 858364
Time certainly flies but I didn't realize it was past 2105 already. No wonder I am tired all the time! :D

I have seen him many times standing in that exact spot.

Time certainly flies but I didn't realize it was past 2105 already. No wonder I am tired all the time! :D
TROLL! HAHAH. Don't type and dive. :p. Another from 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_5926.JPG
    IMG_5926.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
Glad to hear he is still around. Friends on facebook, and know that he had some medical issues recently and couldn't work

Back
Top Bottom