Is a deep 6 signature series 1st&2nd stage capable of diving at 150ft+/45M+ in 30F/-1C with comfort in breathing/ease of inhalation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @BigAladdin

After all the discussion I’m thinking on just going with the Aqualung Legend series which includes a legend supreme octopus as it would only be 200 bucks more.
Loosing the turret system and breathing control aren’t really significant for me now. But I will definitely come back to most likely pick up the deep 6 as my double in the future.

So you would give up the swivel turret, not have cracking effort control, and pay $200 more... but for what? I am genuinely curious as to the decision process in spending more money for less features. I would really appreciate if you could share your reasoning.

Cheers,
Landon

I don't own deep6 regs, but dive very similar regs down to 130ft in 3-4 C water (37F), and dove them in 31F water with no issues. I would not hesitate to buy and use deep6 signatures for the same diving I currently do. I would research how to adjust your regs for diving water that cold, and dive with much more experienced divers, cold water 40F and under is no joke, and amplifies any issue you might have.

Not sure why you're considering the aqualung legend, and willing to lose features while also paying more money, and then thinking of getting deep6 for your doubles, might as well start with them.

I don't own deep6 regs, but dive very similar regs down to 130ft in 3-4 C water (37F), and dove them in 31F water with no issues. I would not hesitate to buy and use deep6 signatures for the same diving I currently do. I would research how to adjust your regs for diving water that cold, and dive with much more experienced divers, cold water 40F and under is no joke, and amplifies any issue you might have.

Not sure why you're considering the aqualung legend, and willing to lose features while also paying more money, and then thinking of getting deep6 for your doubles, might as well start with them.
You can lead a horse to water.

So you would give up the swivel turret, not have cracking effort control, and pay $200 more... but for what? I am genuinely curious as to the decision process in spending more money for less features. I would really appreciate if you could share your reasoning.
I can tell you. He bought the Legend because he thinks it looks cool.

Reactions: L13
Any properly maintained modern regulator will breathe fine at any depth as long as you keep the gas density in the safe range. Use enough helium.

I can tell you. He bought the Legend because he thinks it looks cool.
On one of the other threads, I suggested he would benefit from the personal service of buying through the shop where he is getting certified. He later responded that the shop only sells Aqualung regs and I guess that's what he decided to get.

The Deep6 Signature is perfectly suited for the diving he actually wants to do, but not every diver is suited for an online shop. I think this outcome is better for the OP and a win for Deep6's customer service department.

Hi @BigAladdin

Cheers,
Landon
No one in the shops knew about deep 6. And as much as divers on forums give a speedy reply. It felt kind of weird for the ceo and founder to reply. Idk but I trust big brand names and reputation. I opted for the MBS instead. To get the control I need.

No one in the shops knew about deep 6. And as much as divers on forums give a speedy reply. It felt kind of weird for the ceo and founder to reply. Idk but I trust big brand names and reputation. I opted for the MBS instead. To get the control I need.
All good. Thanks for the reply.

I've been posting here forever it seems, long before D6 and is sorta the neighbourhood hang out in many ways.. I only chimed in because the way you asked the questions concerned me as a dive instructor.

Funny how some folks like being able to have us chime in and not being too distant, and others can perceive it as a negative.

Enjoy your diving, that is what matters the most

It's interesting to me how certain marketing can turn some people away and attract other people.

I have no formal knowledge of marketing, so I can only speak from my perspective as a consumer. I get a sort of a thrill out of the feeling I am "discovering" a product that is a great value, not a big name brand, and from an owner/founder-driven company. I often shun big name brands in favor of small scrappy brands. Shearwater was once like that.

I said in the other thread that I think your choice of the AL Legend is great. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way about Deep6 as I do.

I can say with some degree of certainty that when they said they didn't know about Deep Six regs, they were likely blowing smoke somewhere.
Why? Because they don't sell them. And they don't service them.
It is quite common for shops to deny knowledge of, disparage, and even lie about gear they don't sell.
Got especially bad around 2008 when another brand came out that could be bought online and serviced by divers themselves. And like Deep Six, offered classes to divers to do that.
Thus cutting out the shop completely.
Go into the shops you inquired about the regs and start talking about Leisure Pro. See the reaction that gets you!
The longer you are around and the more you open your eyes, you will see that any gear the shop (some don't act this way but many do) doesn't sell is "junk" and "dangerous" as far as they are concerned.
And it's because of the strangle hold some mfg's have on the shop that they are like this. Draconian dealer agreements that force them to do this.
Big isn't necessarily better. McDonald's is big. But I would never call it quality nutrition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom