Is a deep 6 signature series 1st&2nd stage capable of diving at 150ft+/45M+ in 30F/-1C with comfort in breathing/ease of inhalation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Everyone speaks of these regs highly and say they have the features of high end regs. Although I appreciate a turret and sealed diaphragm at this price point. I’m wondering if they can handle diving conditions in cold water and at deep depth.

Has anyone tested this setup at this depth and temp?

Those are not everyday conditions and I have only seen them once and I was diving Apeks at the time. The coldest and deepest with my Deep 6 Signature regs has been 140ft. and 34 degrees but I would trust them deeper and colder.

30F/-1C?
Where are you diving this cold? Lake Superior, Alaska, Newfoundland, and Norway all have warmer temps than this. If you're going to Antarctica why are you struggling over the price point on regs for a $15k trip?

30F/-1C?
Where are you diving this cold? Lake Superior, Alaska, Newfoundland, and Norway have warmer temps than this. If you're going to Antarctica why are you struggling over the price point on regs for a $15k trip?
Earlier in the year you can find temps lower than 30 F in Newfoundland, I have heard of temps as low as 26 F but have not experienced quite that cold and frankly don't want to.

Were you able to breathe comfortably or not enough where it’s worth it? I’m trying to figure out if I should go with an aqualung legend elite/Apeks and she’ll out the extra cash. Unless this can deep 6 hype can achieve these conditions with ease

30F/-1C?
Where are you diving this cold? Lake Superior, Alaska, Newfoundland, and Norway all have warmer temps than this. If you're going to Antarctica why are you struggling over the price point on regs for a $15k trip?
The long island sound. A body of water between Long Island and Connecticut. It says avg in winter is 37F but I’m conservative and just wanting to see if this can handle 30f

The long island sound. A body of water between Long Island and Connecticut. It says avg in winter is 37F but I’m conservative and just wanting to see if this can handle 30f
I am pretty sure you are not going to see 30 F in that location. As far as breathing at 150 ft. they are at least as good as my Apeks.

Earlier in the year you can find temps lower than 30 F in Newfoundland, I have heard of temps as low as 26 F but have not experienced quite that cold and frankly don't want to.
Yes but the only charter on that "mini Continent" is not operating or even in the water yet. Maybe the locals are shore diving but having been there I suspect they pursuing other stuff in early season.

Sea water freezes at about 28F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom