Invade Catalina Ideas (2009)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And mine is on the 4th. Looks like we may get the whole week covered.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are the dates confirmed as the weekend after Memorial day?

Just so we are clear, Memorial day is Monday, 25th of May.
The Scuba Show is the following weekend 30 & 31 of May.
Most people have voted to Invade Catalina the following weekend, June 6, 7th.

Or possibly the weekdays following the show for the folks that are here from out of town.

I suppose we could just have a week long party so we make sure everyone is included. :D:D

TC:
Or possibly the weekdays following the show for the folks that are here from out of town. I suppose we could just have a week long party so we make sure everyone is included. :D:D

Hmmmmmm. A week long Scuba Board Post Scuba Show Extravaganza! The island might never recover.

The timing should be good since it's after the holiday but before the munchkins get out of school.

Is it too early to start planning hotels and boats? :blinking:

I love the idea of after the Show. Some can be there all week and prepare the island for us weekenders.

We are starting to look into hotels, boats, and the like. If you have any suggestions, please post them as this is the time.

I thought everyone was crashing at my place. Speaking of which, I now have an empty room for rent. If you've ever dreamed of moving to a practically deserted island where you can dive to your heart's content (not to mention having the wit and humor of Dr. Bill as your housemate), I'm taking applications.

OK folks, here is what we have so far.

Friday dive on the Great Escape, local shore diving, back in time to take the Catalina Express to Catalina.
Friday night party/dinner on Catalina.
Saturday, diving both on the King Neptue and the Park.
Saturday night diving the park.
Saturday night party/dinner on Catalina.
Sunday, dive the park, go home.

More details to come.

Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom