Invade Catalina Ideas (2009)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bill, got room for the family and I to crash :wink:

Heh, heh... Colin, we'll have to see as the event approaches. Given the economy and my slumping DVD sales, I may not have a home then. Of course if I do, single women will get get preference!

Rumor on the street is we will all be able to stay at Dr. Bills. how kind of him eh?

Gulp... an invasion next year? Well, I've warned both our major gangs here on the island (the Bloods and Cripps wannabees and the ones with the green uniforms, pistols and handcuffs) that there may be a new, tougher gang in town dressed in black neoprene and using strange hand signals.

:rofl3::rofl3:Thats funny Bill.

Bill.

You MUST be there as you are the Catalina Diving Icon/know it all... LOL...Teasing you of course:D

When Shannon and I were there, part of the best time was Your dive briefing's and diving with you Buddy.

You MUST be there as you are the Catalina Diving Icon/know it all... LOL...Teasing you of course:D

When Shannon and I were there, part of the best time was Your dive briefing's and diving with you Buddy.

Jim... an "icon" is supposed to be a "sacred figure" according to my Funk & Wagnalls. The only thing that would make me sacred is my "holy" wetsuit!

I can only imagine how dismal the rest of your visit was!

Seriously, I am hopeful that I will be doing international dive travel next year... got to tick off some of the destinations on my "bucket list" before I kick it. If I do this, I may be renting out the condo so I have the $$$ to fund it. If that is the case... even I won't be able to stay there!

I like the idea of a dinner/get together associated with the Scuba Show. I’m sure there will be several ScubaBoard members that may show up for the show but can not stay until the following weekend for the Invasion.

Maybe an informal dinner hosted by the California Kelp Divers for all somewhere around Long Beach on Saturday Night/late afternoon?

If we publicize this too much the hotels in catalina might get the idea to raise prices that weekend!!! Wait a minute.. .that's not during 2 night minimum season is it?

I think we should do a "ditch work and dive" on Monday the 1st for all the show workers who can't dive the 30th/31st because they are working the show, and might not be able to come back the following weekend. Then do the Invasion the weekend following. Why not dive both days? You can boat dive Saturday, then hit the dive park Sunday or vice-versa.

Great idea Mike!

Back
Top Bottom