Intro to Tech Jan 16 - 18

Is this kind of training training for me?

• I do not think I am ready for this kind of training

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemikethepike

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for training buddies to take an Intro-to-Tech class that will be in Monterey January 16 - 18 (MLK Weekend). For those that may have seen my post looking for training buddies for Tech 1, we will not be doing a Tech 1 class that weekend. Tech 1 class should be sometime in Late Spring/Early Summer. Taking the Intro-to-Tech class in January should give an active diver time to prepare for Tech 1 by that time.

Here is a link for more information on this Intro-to-Tech class event:

UTD Intro-to-Tech - Unified Team Diving

The Intro to Technical Diving course is designed to cultivate the fundamental techniques required by all sound technical, wreck, and cave diving practice. Intro to Tech focuses on the divers’ critical bottom skills. The training is centered around precise buoyancy control, team awareness, and controlled ascent procedures including surface marker buoy use.

UTD’s Intro to Tech class continues the students’ path as a “Thinking Diver” and brings an increased awareness of the underwater environment. While preparing the diver for more advanced, technical dive training, the Intro to Tech student will also develop excellent diving skills for use in recreational diving situations.

Here is a link for more information on the Intro the Tech class:

Intro To Tech - Unified Team Diving

Please let me know if you are interested.:D

Good luck getting a team together! Sounds like a great class and good way to get some experience with a bottle.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to the T1 schedule?

I felt that I could really benefit from taking this kind of a primer before moving on to Tech 1. I especially felt that I needed this since I am still really struggling with my maintaining good bouyancy and trim while doing valve drills.

I was also finding it difficult to find other people that were really ready for T1 training right now. Doing an Intro-to-Tech with other people that want to be ready to do T1 in six months would be good for both skills and for team building.

So I requested that we back down this date to a Intro-to-Tech and AG agreed to the idea. So now, we have a local Intro-to-Tech in the near future. :D

I felt that I could really benefit from taking this kind of a primer before moving on to Tech 1. I especially felt that I needed this since I am still really struggling with my maintaining good bouyancy and trim while doing valve drills.

I was also finding it difficult to find other people that were really ready for T1 training right now. Doing an Intro-to-Tech with other people that want to be ready to do T1 in six months would be good for both skills and for team building.

So I requested that we back down this date to a Intro-to-Tech and AG agreed to the idea. So now, we have a local Intro-to-Tech in the near future. :D

Great decision, and in particular doing Intro-to-Tech with other people who want to do T1 in six months. Having a good team for Intro-to-Tech and future UTD technical diving courses will significantly improve the class experience and make things more fun.

I'm going to be assisting/co-teaching this Intro-to-Tech with AG. It was good to meet you at Breakwater a couple of weeks ago, and I really forward to diving with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom