Intova 4.7W vs DiveRite 700 LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apadua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

I purchased a DiveRite 700 LED. Upon receiving it i thought it was, well, weak. Actually, it's not that it was weak - it's that the three LEDs are misaligned and you get three squares of light. So i thought it could be better, but being relatively new to night diving I didn't really know how to judge it. I used it on a few dives and thought it was relatively good, so I relaxed about that.

I then purchased a backup lite - an Intova 4.7W with the tight beam (they have a wide edition).

I'm having a hard time understanding what's happening - the Intova has a much stronger hotspot, probably because it's so much tighter than the DR.

My question is this - how do I find out if my DR is good or if it's a faulty unit? If it is what it is, then that's great - i like it as a light. But if not, i'd like to get it looked at while it's still under warranty.

Thanks,

Andre

Last edited:
Hi Andre,
It just might be better if this post was made in the DiveRite's subforum.

ScubaBoard > Manufacturers Forums > Q and A for Scuba Manufacturers > Dive Rite

Kaza

they are not misaligned, try the light underwater and you may find all is well. Cheers

I suspect that part of the problem is comparing it to the Intova 4.7w focused beam - for a $50 backup light it's (pardon the pun) brilliant.

Yep. Tried my question at the DR forum... was told to call support. I did, and the answer I got was hte same one as buddhasummer's. Underwater it'll work.

I'll compare underwater - but yes, it's the $50 backup lite that caused me to question my investment in the DR700.

THans to all you guys!

That's the same response I got from DR. I have not been impressed under water.

I just bought a Dive Rite and it is in the mail, please when you try your lamp underwater post your impressions.
Best regards.

I have the Dive Rite 700, I am happy with it, but the it is definitely a flood light, not a spot light. I have been more than happy with it underwater, but for signaling in the daytime it is useless. I will eventually get something different, and keep the 700 as a corded backup.

Back
Top Bottom