"Into the Blue"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah! i've seen it. i'd give an arm just to dive in a place like the bahamas. does anyone know what fins paul walker and jessica alba were wearing?

darylm74:
I wasn't sure which thread to post this but anyway has anyone heard about the new move "Into the Blue"? It is an action flick that is coming out that has some wreck diving, treasure, etc. in it. Since it isn't about diving persay, I'm hoping that it isn't as much of a disappointment as Open Water or anything like that. Just thought it might interest some of you.

Actually it wasn't bad. Typical Hollywood story line as far as plot goes but the videography and the diving scenes were good to great. Although Jessica Alba is the main eye candy, she is a certified diver and listening to her interviews about the movie was interesting. In ne scene a shark comes over her shoulder and she reaches out and bumps him away. She said by that time of the movie she was fairly used to them and actually did this...it wasn't a double. Unlike "The Cave" they actually used full face masks when doing underwater talking.
Despite what my friends may say, I was NOT the student in the opening of the movie of the beginner u/w class. I have excess bioprene but not that much. :11:

The wife and I went and saw it this week. Not too impressed, the underwater videography was good:more free diving than scuba, butt plenty of attractive skin. I don't know how much it will advance diving in our area though, there were only two other people in the theatre with us.

I seem to remember this discussion in at least one or two old threads, but I'll chime in anyway.

I'm a junkie for dive films, even not-so-great ones (made more bearable by the lovely Jessica). I'd just like to see an intelligent, sexy dive film. More of a gourmet meal than fast food. You know how it is - it looks great in the commercial, but leaves you feeling bloated and hungry again in an hour. Same thing with this flick.

BTW, for those of you who have seen the trailer but not the film - the film is much better than the trailer implies. (That's not saying much - the trailer is brain-numbing.) The film is typical Hollywood fare, but at least there's no government conspiracy or aliens...

For my part, I'd really like to see diving get boosts from lots of different directions. This may be alright for the younger crowd. We've just had The Cave, for the same demographic. I know that there are a few new documentaries coming down the pipe too. What about a decent drama with accurate diving scenes, good photography and an intelligent script? (I'm holding out for Ridley Scott's version of Shadow Divers - I hope they don't muck it up!)

Now I've just gotta get me an "Instructor" shirt and start hanging out at the Starbucks outside the theatre...

Safe ascents,
-G

Its been mentioned already but bears repeating - Jessica Alba is one hot number. A true beauty. The underwater photography was well done I thought.

My husband and I saw the movie last week. We thought the story line and acting were fair, but loved the underwater photography. We've gone to Stuart Cove's at New Providence Island, Bahamas a few times where they did most of the filming. One time was just before they started filming 'Into the Blue' and they had already sunk the DC3 and were getting the dive boat ready for the film. The saying is the 'water is as clear as gin' and it is absolutely true. It is one of our favorite dive vacations second now only to Caymans. Stuart Cove sinks alot of wrecks and some wrecks are now over 20 years old with amazing coral and other sealife. What is really nice about them is they are only about 50ft on a nice white sandy bottom, so because the sunlight bounces off the sand, the colors are spectacular and you can spend alot of time finding all kinds of little critters. We saw the movie just for the chance to reminisce our dives on the DC3 last year. (We are also skydivers and have many jumps out of DC3's which made them all the more special.) It left us yearning to go back!

Loved it! Fast paced action with lots of great underwater photography.Lots of crazy out of air scenes. I was into it from the opening scene.

GrierHPharmD:
For my part, I'd really like to see diving get boosts from lots of different directions. This may be alright for the younger crowd. We've just had The Cave, for the same demographic. I know that there are a few new documentaries coming down the pipe too. What about a decent drama with accurate diving scenes, good photography and an intelligent script? (I'm holding out for Ridley Scott's version of Shadow Divers - I hope they don't muck it up!)
Yeah that's going to be a REAL diving movie. I can't wait for that movie to come out, especially since it's right in my backyard. There are some many places mentioned in the book that I know. Even the place where John and Richie used to meet, is just up the road from me.

I just hope they don't ruin it. And I hope they pick up the damn pace!

GrierHPharmD:
Now I've just gotta get me an "Instructor" shirt and start hanging out at the Starbucks outside the theatre...
I think I'll go with the I was a stunt double wrap! :D

saw it this weekend. Loved it! It may not be the most realistic diving film but it was a lot of fun. Like some of the others that have posted, I LOVE to see movies about my sport...any movie...heck, I just like to see water in movies! (Open Water is the exception to this...worst movie ever) Anyway, it's a good fun movie that everyone should see....good humor, good action, good water, good skin. I'm surprised about some of the posts about the theater being empty. We had to go to two theaters just to get tickets to our 3rd choice for a showtime. We were an hour early and the place was packed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom