"Into the Blue"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darylm74

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wasn't sure which thread to post this but anyway has anyone heard about the new move "Into the Blue"? It is an action flick that is coming out that has some wreck diving, treasure, etc. in it. Since it isn't about diving persay, I'm hoping that it isn't as much of a disappointment as Open Water or anything like that. Just thought it might interest some of you.

Anybody seen the TV ads and trailers for this film?

I got one of these standard bulk PADI emails the other day where they mentioned they were jumping on the back of this movie to promote OW courses. So I figured this is another one of those u/w documentaries.

Then last night, I saw a TV advert (the most exciting clips from the film rolled into twenty seconds) and it's an adventure/action/fiction starring some famous starlets - story revolves around a wreck hunt with danger, suspense.... usual Hollywood formula...

So I thought hmmmmmmmm. This is a bit like using "Jaws" to promote sport fishing.

If anyone's seen the film, please let us know how bad/good it is.

Now, I'm going to go look for the smallest white bikini I can find for my next big wreck dive.

Jessica Alba is hot!!! :D

Aside from that, from the looks of the trailer the movie seemed fairy accurate (as accurate as hollywood gets) Like those people are actually certified, they're actually using real gears, and scuba seemed finally to be used for purposes other than fighting 20ft great whites or 100ft sea monsters...

Now, I'm going to go look for the smallest white bikini I can find for my next big wreck dive.

I hope you plan on sharing pics with us?

Actually the biggest shocker is.... jessica alba is ow certified :11: forgot where i read it but they have an interview with her about it... will try to remember where i read it and let ya know... if i remeber correctly she was cert when she was like 16 :11:

mk57nato:
Actually the biggest shocker is.... jessica alba is ow certified :11: forgot where i read it but they have an interview with her about it... will try to remember where i read it and let ya know... if i remeber correctly she was cert when she was like 16 :11:

The current Rodales.

there's another article in the Padi magazine about Deep Blue. he interviewed them as well. can't remember which magainzine did what, I read both of them on the way to TCI, so I might be getting them mixed up, but both magazines had articles.

yeah, my first subscription of scuba and alba's on the cover...my wife doesn't know who drew the mustache on her face pic...

It is going to be release at the end of this month. So, we don't have a chance to see it. But, I expect almost 80 percent people is more likely interested in Jessica Alba, not in scuba stuff..... :) Yeah, we are totally different animal here, 20%.

Back
Top Bottom