Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Due to logistics and travel during the holidays, we may need to break this up into regional dives. The DFW folks can do CSSP or Murray. The Central Texas folks can meet somewhere on Lake Travis and the Houston are folks can go to Blue Lagoon. Any thoughts?

I think that's a good idea. I would like the option of being able to join the Houston or N. Texas folks at their dives if that's what I want to do...that is, of course, if they'll let me join 'em. :D

Hopefully, Travis will clear up a little between now and then. At the moment you can't see past your mask at just about any depth.

We could do that, or, everyone could just post their opinions right here and I'll tally them up!:D

Seriously, I'll call CSSP today and find out if they are open that night. That's the first option since it's just about as central to most of us as a place could be around here. I like CSSP, but, the overall cost for a weekend for two people kinda stinks, and once you have been there about a hundred times, there really isn't anything new to see. But with this particular dive, we aren't going so we can see the sights, we are going so we can all be under water together for the first day of the next awesome year! So, I guess what I'm saying is, IF Robert is open, I vote for CSSP. IF he isn't, than the second choice will be Lake Murray. Lake Murray has good facilities,(hot showers, flushing toilets) and in the off season it is cheap to camp. I think 14 bucks per night. There is a cool little dive shop on the other side of the lake that we can get airfills for 6 bucks. There is a platform we can all meet at during the midnight hour for the "celebration". It is well within a days drive for everyone from south of Dallas up into Oklahoma.

Okay, so that's my vote. CSSP first choice. Murray second Choice.

Ya'll just pick a spot and Angie and I will try to make it. :wink:

Okay, I just talked to Robert. He will NOT be open that night for us to take a midnight dip. So that pretty much leaves us with Lake Murray or Broken Bow. Seeing that Broken Bow is so far, Let's go to Lake Murray! Tex, I'll call the park and see what's up with the bath houses.

I'll keep everyone posted....

Okay, now I'm getting stumped. Just talked to the park service at lake murray, and marietta landing closes on Dec 1st.:shakehead:

Any other ideas?

Hopefully, Travis will clear up a little between now and then. At the moment you can't see past your mask at just about any depth.

That sounds like a great reason to dive the new Datamask. I just happen to have a couple of them at the shop.:eyebrow:

Jake, I really appreciate that. We may end up doing just that. It's about a 4-1/2 hour drive for Rhonda and I, so I'm not sure at this point. Thanks for the offer!!

Tell us a little more about blue lagoon. How deep? Are there platforms? Anything to see?

Okay, now I'm getting stumped. Just talked to the park service at lake murray, and marietta landing closes on Dec 1st.:shakehead:

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the phone work you have done......I thought Murray was closed down in terms of the bath house/facl.,,,Timeliner and I dive there alot in the winter. It is still a possible site.....hit the rest stop on the way up and on the way home-- :eyebrow:

To bad Robert is not willing to open up...but hey it is New Years Eve!

I have done New Years dives at PK in past years....with the scuba park being sold that is probably not very viable.

Jake, I really appreciate that. We may end up doing just that. It's about a 4-1/2 hour drive for Rhonda and I, so I'm not sure at this point. Thanks for the offer!!

Tell us a little more about blue lagoon. How deep? Are there platforms? Anything to see?

I have been several times...it is shallow and a few placed objects to see....nothing special and the roads in and out of the site suck. Blue Lagoon Scuba

Your right the roads are pretty rough, but its a place thats willing to open up New Years Eve so some divers can get wet. Some good camping, and the stars are unbelievable at night.

There are platforms, a few boats, visibility should be awesome come winter time. Depth is between 28 and 32 feet. I thought it was thoughtful the manager offered to open for only ten people on new years eve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom