Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I tried to figure out how to do a poll as an edit on my thread, but couldn't figure it out.

i'm new to texas. basically i'm in houston. i don't know this area, much less the rest of texas. if anyone would be so kind to pm me with all these locations??? not all, but whatever is decided for the new years dive. i'm up for it if it's not to far away.

dano

Now, don't think just cuz I've been camping this weekend, that I haven't had time to check the status and see what everyone thinks of the new years eve rockin dive.

This camping out with the scouts is too much work, I'm ready to get the dragon lair up next to a large body of water for some relaxing underwater bliss. Besides, when John isn't with me camping, I have to cook too much.....

Okay, back to business. AOWDAN, all of these locations except for maybe travis or bluelagoon would be a bit far unless you like driving for about 5 or 6 hours. If you don't mind though, we would love to meet ya and induct you into the swampers!

Has anyone checked with Robert about being open?

Kunk35, why don't we just start a new thread with a poll for those interested to indicate their preferred New Year's Eve dive site?

Kunk35, why don't we just start a new thread with a poll for those interested to indicate their preferred New Year's Eve dive site?

We could do that, or, everyone could just post their opinions right here and I'll tally them up!:D

Seriously, I'll call CSSP today and find out if they are open that night. That's the first option since it's just about as central to most of us as a place could be around here. I like CSSP, but, the overall cost for a weekend for two people kinda stinks, and once you have been there about a hundred times, there really isn't anything new to see. But with this particular dive, we aren't going so we can see the sights, we are going so we can all be under water together for the first day of the next awesome year! So, I guess what I'm saying is, IF Robert is open, I vote for CSSP. IF he isn't, than the second choice will be Lake Murray. Lake Murray has good facilities,(hot showers, flushing toilets) and in the off season it is cheap to camp. I think 14 bucks per night. There is a cool little dive shop on the other side of the lake that we can get airfills for 6 bucks. There is a platform we can all meet at during the midnight hour for the "celebration". It is well within a days drive for everyone from south of Dallas up into Oklahoma.

Okay, so that's my vote. CSSP first choice. Murray second Choice.

Due to logistics and travel during the holidays, we may need to break this up into regional dives. The DFW folks can do CSSP or Murray. The Central Texas folks can meet somewhere on Lake Travis and the Houston are folks can go to Blue Lagoon. Any thoughts?

We could do that, or, everyone could just post their opinions right here and I'll tally them up!:D

Seriously, I'll call CSSP today and find out if they are open that night. That's the first option since it's just about as central to most of us as a place could be around here. I like CSSP, but, the overall cost for a weekend for two people kinda stinks, and once you have been there about a hundred times, there really isn't anything new to see. But with this particular dive, we aren't going so we can see the sights, we are going so we can all be under water together for the first day of the next awesome year! So, I guess what I'm saying is, IF Robert is open, I vote for CSSP. IF he isn't, than the second choice will be Lake Murray. Lake Murray has good facilities,(hot showers, flushing toilets) and in the off season it is cheap to camp. I think 14 bucks per night. There is a cool little dive shop on the other side of the lake that we can get airfills for 6 bucks. There is a platform we can all meet at during the midnight hour for the "celebration". It is well within a days drive for everyone from south of Dallas up into Oklahoma.

Okay, so that's my vote. CSSP first choice. Murray second Choice.

Each time as I remember being at Murray that time of the year...the bath house is locked down--? I would vote CSSP just for the convenience of a midnight dip.

Back
Top Bottom