Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your right the roads are pretty rough, but its a place thats willing to open up New Years Eve so some divers can get wet. Some good camping, and the stars are unbelievable at night.

There are platforms, a few boats, visibility should be awesome come winter time. Depth is between 28 and 32 feet. I thought it was thoughtful the manager offered to open for only ten people on new years eve.

It is a pretty piney woods setting for sure!!!

Even with good vis there is nothing to look at other than a hand full of placed attractions and decaying pine needles/few small rocks. :wink:

Now I am not sure about 32ffw....:11:

There is though 2 ponds....so you can hit both for the same price.

Okay, so how much is it to get in and to camp?

Are there any fish at the Blue Lagoon? Any grass, or other kinds of nature to look at? Or is it just mud?

And most importantly, are there hot showers?????!!

Rhonda:D

Are there any fish at the Blue Lagoon? Any grass, or other kinds of nature to look at? Or is it just mud?

And most importantly, are there hot showers?????!!

Rhonda:D

No grasses or such...some very small fish/1"....sorta like a silt moon scape...its an ok spot if you are local and thats what you have to get wet in...or for a one time visit just to give it a try....like I said its a pretty spot and its a typical quarry setting. I don't remember showers just porta potties. :wink:

Well, a little update on the new years dive thing. Lots of places we go to are going to be closed AND we just found out that my soon to be married brother is more than likely going to have a reception in austin between Christmas and new years. IF we can do this at all, the best option at this point may be to dive lake travis.

I'll keep you posted....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom