Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner, After seeing the video of the silo, I feel like I've already been there. So that one is probably out. Oh, by the way, John and I are researching the flooded towns that were covered over when Texoma was built and filled. Would you be interested in checking it out with us when we find it? We're thinking about renting a pontoon. We have two possibilities so far.

As for the Missile Silo... you ain't been there till you've been there. You'll wanna try it sometime , maybe not New Years but sometime.

The Ancient City and Hidden Mysteries of Texoma... Sure.. I'll go there again.

Jake, where is the blue lagoon?

Tom, I wouldn't mind being at the polar bear dive, but I want to be IN the water at 12:00 midnight Dec 31st. Anyone know if Robert will be open Monday the 31st?

Timeliner, After seeing the video of the silo, I feel like I've already been there. So that one is probably out. Oh, by the way, John and I are researching the flooded towns that were covered over when Texoma was built and filled. Would you be interested in checking it out with us when we find it? We're thinking about renting a pontoon. We have two possibilities so far.

Do you have a link to the video? I wanna see it....

Jake, where is the blue lagoon?

Tom, I wouldn't mind being at the polar bear dive, but I want to be IN the water at 12:00 midnight Dec 31st. Anyone know if Robert will be open Monday the 31st?

Do you have a link to the video? I wanna see it....

Oh, by the way, John and I are researching the flooded towns that were covered over when Texoma was built and filled. Would you be interested in checking it out with us when we find it? We're thinking about renting a pontoon. We have two possibilities so far.

My father in law knows where one of them is. He is a former diver. We could probaby get him to drive.

TwoBit

cool. I'm there. I found two so far. One called Preston, which is the most promising, and another ....something bend. It's up by where the red river dumps into the lake though, so the viz there would not be good I'm sure. It would be really cool to get down there and see some structures and things.

Preston is the one he knows where it is. He has offered to take me there a couple times, but his boat isn't real big so it would probably be a dive for Harvey and I off his boat. I would be willing to get in on a pontoon boat. Eisenhower yacht club rents them for a decent price.

cruiser, I'm trying to find that video. I stumbled across it on youtube I think. I'll let you know when I get it.

PS--- always ready for a New Years dive and black-eyed peas. :D

PS--- always ready for a New Years dive and black-eyed peas. :D

New Years Eve & Black Eyed Peas........ Man I Told You Tha Story Already......
You gots 2 much junk ... inside Yo Trunk.

:rofl3:

For sample photos and video of Valhalla Silo visit the boys at Lakediver.Com They were there the same time as I was was last year.
I tried video in 2005 & 2006 and it just never works great... Besides, It's dark down there and you are just busy looking out for things that will jab you on this dive too.
The water is Gin clear and 60 degrees (perfect)
Lake Diver - Valhalla Missile Silo Abilene, Texas

They have cool shirts and stuff @ LakeDiver.Com......Log on and buy some things !

~~ Or
I don't have a video online but I took pictures from under the Frag Pile at the bottom of the Silo by swimming thru it .... John and I found some lost items that day. :wink:
Lots of things fall through the twisted steel at the bottom but few folks venture inside the pile of metal and rebar to look for the actual bottom of the Silo :wink:
Index of /valhalla

Yep ... I found the snake in the old command center of the silo too.

We both came to an agreement and I brought him home with me :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom