Interest in new years dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.......and is this the proposed New Years DIVE site

Regards,

Shawn

Let's hope it's not!!

I'm interested, but it probably depends on where......

I like Timeliner's idea of the missle silo. If not for a new year celebration then for another trip. I'm sure I can get a local shop to organize one if there's interest.

Let's talk locations. I think the most central spot for alot of swampers would be CSSP. But, it depends a great deal on whether or not Robert will be open for that night or not. If someone knows Robert pretty well, you might ask him. I know the next day is going to be the polarbear dive, so he might be open.

I really like Lake Murray and Broken Bow, but they are a bit far from alot of swampers, but close to me. Murray has great/easy/cheap camping. Not sure about the facilities at BrokenBow, but it's a gorgeous lake.

Travis is a possibility, as well as blue lagoon. I've never been to blue lagoon, so I can't say much there. Only that they are pretty far from where I am, but I'm willing to go to either if I can work out the kid watching situation. (I may have a five hour drive sometime before and after new years to deliver said kids to grandparents)

I have no idea about the silo. It doesn't seem to be a wonderous dive to me, but If it's not ungodly far, I'd be willing if that is the general consensus.

So, what does everyone else think?

I am good for CSSP..Murray..Travis.....and are we still talking this wild 'midnight' dip or a more subdued NYD dive??

12:00 Straight up! Or is that down? We just have to figure out how to drink champaigne under water!

12:00 Straight up! Or is that down? We just have to figure out how to drink champaigne under water!

Midnight plunge it is!!!! :eyebrow:

Let's talk locations. I think the most central spot for alot of swampers would be CSSP. But, it depends a great deal on whether or not Robert will be open for that night or not. If someone knows Robert pretty well, you might ask him. I know the next day is going to be the polarbear dive, so he might be open.

I really like Lake Murray and Broken Bow, but they are a bit far from alot of swampers, but close to me. Murray has great/easy/cheap camping. Not sure about the facilities at BrokenBow, but it's a gorgeous lake.

Travis is a possibility, as well as blue lagoon. I've never been to blue lagoon, so I can't say much there. Only that they are pretty far from where I am, but I'm willing to go to either if I can work out the kid watching situation. (I may have a five hour drive sometime before and after new years to deliver said kids to grandparents)

I have no idea about the silo. It doesn't seem to be a wonderous dive to me, but If it's not ungodly far, I'd be willing if that is the general consensus.

So, what does everyone else think?

How 'bout we do a poll and see what we come up with. I'll dive anywhere within diving distance as long as I can get myself and all my gear underwater together. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom