¿ Insight on Delta Airlines return to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they planned any flights this year it would include the Saturday before Christmas, nothing on their site.
1662580411076.png

Super sad ... I looked at the alternatives today. Three or four hour layover in Miami if I fly American Airlines. I don't have ANY American Airlines points :-(. I sure would love to return to Cozumel for New Year 2023...
Decisions, decisions...

I don't have ANY American Airlines points
Get several thousand with a new credit card. I prefer the $200 cash-back cards, but cards that offer miles can be rewarding.
I sure would love to return to Cozumel for New Year 2023...
From where and for how long? Your location is not on your profile.

Out of curiosity, I checked December fares from Lubbock. Some dates start in the $500 and even $600 range, but a couple of date pairs were available for $359 for 8 or 9 nights. Tempting. 1½ hour connection going and 3½ hour connection returning sounds nice to me.

From Atlanta, for a week.
I don't know why you're finding those $1300+ fares unless Business class is a personal requirement. Some great fares are showing early in the month, like December 6-14...
1662595774759.jpeg

If you are not flexible on dates, this is still a much better fare for 28-4...
1662595871866.jpeg

Of course, you could fly non-stop to & from Cancun. I've never flown Frontier, but I might give them a try if you could go December 3-10...
1662595993184.jpeg

Nonstop for your dates is still cheaper than $1300, but I'd rather fly in & out of Cozumel for $575...
1662596088490.jpeg

Super sad ... I looked at the alternatives today. Three or four hour layover in Miami if I fly American Airlines. I don't have ANY American Airlines points :-(. I sure would love to return to Cozumel for New Year 2023...
Decisions, decisions...
We just flew Atlanta to Miami to Cozumel last week, via American Airlines. It wasn’t horrible, but it certainly wasn’t the 2.5 hour trip to which I was accustomed.

And just in case Delta is monitoring this thread, the AA flights were full in both directions.

From Atlanta, for a week.

Have you looked at Southwest thru Houston? We are ATL based also and did SW last year with only a 1 1/2 layover at Hobby in Houston on the way down. It was slightly longer on the way back.

This year we’re opting Delta to Cancun and then the bag drag. We have a lot of miles to use up with Delta and we‘ve done the bag drag before and it’s really not that bad.

Edit: I prefer almost any option over flying through MIA. We’ve had bad luck with that airport a couple of times so we haven’t used it in quite a few years.

Honestly, Delta direct to Cancun then private shuttle and ferry was so painless and easy, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I actually kind of enjoyed it. By the time I do layover on Southwest, have a bite to eat at airport and then make it to Cozumel, I think it was more expensive and took about the same amount of time. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, Delta direct to Cancun then private shuttle and ferry was so painless and easy, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I actually kind of enjoyed it. By the time I do layover on Southwest, have a bite to eat at airport and then make it to Cozumel, I think it was more expensive and took about the same amount of time. Just my 2 cents.
I try to avoid eating in airports I guess mostly because of price shock, and some ferry crossings can be challenging in storm season and winter, but usually they're easy. I do like that you can get a cab from the ferry dock in Cozumel instead of cramming into a shared van at the airport.

Still tho, flying into and out of Cozumel is generally more appealing for me since I have to change planes to and from Cancun as well. Flying nonstop to and from Cancun would be appealing.

I don't know why you're finding those $1300+ fares unless Business class is a personal requirement. Some great fares are showing early in the month, like December 6-14...
I don't know about the OP, but for me, it's not Biz class that's a requirement, but rather that specific week the OP was interested in. As a rule, if you want to fly anywhere between Christmas and New Year, airfares will be exorbitant. I'm trying to book ATL-CUN right now, and they want in the neighborhood of 112k Skymiles or $1600.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom