in what order do you buy gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot81:
I need some help on this topic as well. Currently the only item that I have purchased is the mask. What should I be purchasing next? Everyone seems to say to purchase the computer last but on some dives I dont feel entirely comfortable with the dive master's plan. As they are basing the dive plans on their profile in their computer which is not exactly the same as mine. I also travel a lot due to business and would try to sneak in a dive or two, so i was thinking that a computer is more compact and travel friendly. Thoughts?

I bought my stuff in the order you were thinking of: computer, regs, BC. *IF* I could do it all over again knowing then what I know now, I would do the computer last -- but realistically that computer helped me out a lot in understanding my dive profiles to begin with. And you need at least a bottom timer anyway, so that you're not totally doing trust-me profiles and you start thinking about your own max depth and not just blindly following the DM...

So, I think computer / regs / BC is still a good order for newbies to purchase their gear -- even though I know why a lot of people recommended buying it last.

This Just me but I would save up a little bit & get something w/ Intergrated air. I like to keep things simple & keep all my gear in one spot. The Cobra & Gecko Computers from Suuto Offer that & they are very reasonably priced. My DM dives w/ a Mosquito, & a Cobra Computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom