Question Buy A Regulator in Australia to Save $$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am contemplating buying a regulator, octo, hoses, and gauges, but the U.S. prices are insanely high and just continue to go up. I am outfitted with everything I need except a regulator. I've been renting for years but want to explore an out-of-the-U.S. purchase to save money. I'll be in Sydney, Australia, next month. For anyone living in Sydney, maybe you can answer this for me.
Are the gauges for sale configured in bars and meters or pounds and feet?
What brands are available over there? I'd need to be able to get maintenance service in the U.S.
Is the gear sold only for cold water diving? I'm strictly a warm water diver in tropical locations.

I don't know about dive gear first hand, but I do know what prices are like in Oz for musical equipment and instruments. If it holds, you won't be getting any bargains. Chances are you will pay more.

I am contemplating buying a regulator, octo, hoses, and gauges, but the U.S. prices are insanely high and just continue to go up. I am outfitted with everything I need except a regulator. I've been renting for years but want to explore an out-of-the-U.S. purchase to save money. I'll be in Sydney, Australia, next month. For anyone living in Sydney, maybe you can answer this for me.
Are the gauges for sale configured in bars and meters or pounds and feet?
What brands are available over there? I'd need to be able to get maintenance service in the U.S.
Is the gear sold only for cold water diving? I'm strictly a warm water diver in tropical locations.

BAR and meters. I currently live in Oz, happy to help. It's not "only" for cold water, rather it can also be used in cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom