In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news, my condolences to his family and friends.
He will be missed.

BJD reached out to me to help me with some personal issues and I had never even interacted with him on a post prior to that. He always impressed me with his knowledge and grace.

You know, I like most people on SB, and we have some very special ones here, but Rob was uniquely so. Can't think of a nicer person or more competent diver among other accomplishments. My God, look at his profile here. This is going to continue to be a challenge for many of us to accept at all.

what was that quote he used to always like....about pigs flying?

catherine96821:
what was that quote he used to always like....about pigs flying?
Here's one...
BigJetDriver:
Fraid not, Don! For one thing, the Air Traffic Control structure is not set up for it. The routes, or lanes, for aircraft arriving and departing specific airports are preset both in terms of direction and altitude. For another, once you drop below a certain altitude, jet aircraft are HUGE pigs when it comes to sucking fuel!!:huh:
And...
BigJetDriver:
Originally Posted by BOOM BOOM

Pigs don't fly here I guess. ---shell-back

Hi guys!
Actually, they do! :D
Check his Avatar.

I can't even read all of this thread as the feelings are just too fresh. Rob was one of the people I never met but always wanted to, no matter what airline I flew on I subconsciously looked for him in the cockpit. Godspeed Rob! I cannot express the sadness in my heart but extend condolences and hugs to all who knew him.
Ber

He will be missed. What a shock. Prayers sent.

Gary D.

A smart man with many talents. He'll be on my mind every time I submerge. If it can happen to him, it can happen to any of us. Too sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom