I'm back from BALI with photos !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report AND pics! Question....what are the two fish in the second photo above?

hhmmm... they look like some sort of surgeon fish or doctor fish

That's what I think...same family anyway. Just haven't seen those particular ones. Well....I've never had the chance to see them but I haven't seen photos of them. :wink:

Dee:
That's what I think...same family anyway. Just haven't seen those particular ones. Well....I've never had the chance to see them but I haven't seen photos of them. :wink:

I think they are a type of rabbitfish. Probably not what they're called everywhere.

Tomorrow I'll treat everyone with a few pics from Paradise Reef - morning and night.

Some Pics from Paradise Reef. These are all from the same dive, more to come...

Sorry I'll get into the last parts of the report tommorrow.

Image by lukeROB (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Tremendous photos!! Thanks so much for taking all this time to post them and put up your trip report...I love the pics!

Coupla questions when you have time:
1) you have an outstanding range of photos here...how many dives and how many photos did you take?
2) Approx what was your keeper rate?...I saw that you often take a shot or two to get the one you want - I can't think of any better way to illustrate the success of this technique that these shots!!
3) Are you in negotiations with Canon to promote their camera systems that have been sorely neglected for underwater use?? :wink:

Fabulous...makes me want to head to Bali soon - never been there, except for a quick stopover...

alcina:
Tremendous photos!! Thanks so much for taking all this time to post them and put up your trip report...I love the pics!

Coupla questions when you have time:
1) you have an outstanding range of photos here...how many dives and how many photos did you take?
2) Approx what was your keeper rate?...I saw that you often take a shot or two to get the one you want - I can't think of any better way to illustrate the success of this technique that these shots!!
3) Are you in negotiations with Canon to promote their camera systems that have been sorely neglected for underwater use?? :wink:

Fabulous...makes me want to head to Bali soon - never been there, except for a quick stopover...

Thanks for the kind words, I think the two new lenses made a difference.

1) Dives made 17. Photos shot underwater?? Quite a few. Maybe 30 proper shots per dive but some 60+ when their were lots of subjects. (By proper shots I mean those were I hadn't forgotten to turn the strobe back on, or damn half pressing the button all the way down). Out of all the dives I have about 200 shots (different scenes) that I really like - similar to the ones posted here.
2) Keeper rate no idea. I try to take the good one first time. If it works then I move on. Most wide shots this is the case as I didn't get second chances where the subjects remained in the right position. If they did I tried a different angle or bracketed. Macro much lower keeper rate. I was fully zooming and the crap LCD is hard to tell if focus is right with small DOF. Although I know it well enough to check the shot once taken and know if it looks good. Sometimes I'd get it right first or second time but usually took around 3 of slow moving stuff to make sure. Sometimes none would be crisp focus other times all 3.
3) I wish, maybe they'll give me a 1Ds (not) :11: But if you've got a job to offer me I'll be happy to take it :wink:

More from the same dive on paradise (except the nudi that was from the dive in the morning - Paradise Reef near the wreck).

All photo's posted so far are uncropped (as taken - I need to use all my pixels - only have 3 Meg)- the macro lens does make a difference for filling that frame.

oh man, are those some phenomenal photos!

way to go

Here we go again - work and uni are holding up the finish of the report so more photos.

These are again still from Paradise Reef. I really wanted to see a blue ribbon eel and this is one of my favourites from the trip.

The other three pics are from the night dive we did here. The eel I posted right in the beginning is also from this dive. I'll post a couple more from the night dive later and then onto the other sites.

Back
Top Bottom