Nusa Penida? Gili Islands? South Lombok? Dive destinations max 1'ish hour from Bali.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's special about these dive sites in South Lombok then?

How often then? Season? MOLA MOLA?
Is it at Belongas?

Mola I saw at Crystal Bay. Manta and Mobula at Belongas and the site is a feeding spot for them that's why it looks murky due to all the plankton.

As we are on a budget, you think its worth the extra costs on flights (vs. ferries to Penida and Gilis) and park fees and dive fees, to do either a short liveaboard or a bunch of day dives?
Hey, how's your planning been going? :D
I would like to chime in that it is absolutely worth it. You said that you've already been to these sites so you'll know that Bali & around doesn't compare to Komodo. However, if your friend just recently got his OW, another consideration might be that it would be better for him to "save" Komodo for when he is more experienced and can enjoy it more, even when there are stronger currents. The Gilis on the other hand are ideal for beginners with a lot of calm and warm water but also some sites with currents where your friend can ease into that. They also have loads of great dive schools where he can do his AOW if he wants to.
If you still decide to go to Komodo, LOB-wise I can recommend Scuba Republic's Bajak. Their trips are shorter (two or three nights) and they have bunk options with up to four people in a cabin which drives down the overall price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom