If money was no object... where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it seems that I can now tally up the scores for the place you want to go:

And it goes like this:
1st =
Antarctica & Cape Crozier (I put them together as Cape Crozier is in Antarctica!)
Palau & Jellyfish Lake (I put them together as Jellyfish Lake is in Palau!)

2nd=
Truk
Dos Ojos
Dahab
Kerguelen Islands
Bikini
S Oz
Arctic
Lake Superior/Florida

And I'll add my 2c worth and say PNG.

So, PNG is the winner! Hey, it's my poll!!! :D

See, I keep on telling everyone PNG has the best diving, and this poll is proof of that!

But interesting to see that the only place to get 2 real votes was Antarctica.

Maybe I should start selling holidays there.

Jim

And hope to have a 100k for a long dive trip, possibly pacific rim for 6 months (start in Palau and end up in PNG, but I only have 90+ dives and nothing to brag about over 130 feet... Pacific Rim I would want to be a techno geek), or start in Malaysa and head into PNG/Solomon Islands... or start in Cape Town and head up to the Red Sea for a few months... I don't have enough experience yet; that being said I would say:

1.Wakatobi (Sulawasi, Indonesia, check out their web site)

2. Remote Seychelles (southern, only accessable for a few weeks/year).

3. Four weeks in the Maldives (which I hear aren't very travelled right now, but I can't vouch for that). Three on a liveaboard starting at the boot shaped one (eastern most point in the Maldives) and ending up at Elliadahoo Resort for a week.

4. West Coast Austraila (not Coral Sea)

Dos Ojos is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I would like to go (and I will) back to the Rivera Maya and do just a week of the Cenotes.... I did two days in them a year ago and loved it... bit of advice... BRING YOUR OWN RECHARGEABLE LIGHT... batteries in Mexico suck. I bought a UK (C4, I think, or D4) not too big light and was very happy about the decision, everyone elses lights were going dim by the end of the cenote and night dives. Also the C4s but with crappy Mexican batteries.

I would buy a large ocean going yacht.
Load it up with dive buddies and friends.
Get a compressor to fill scuba tanks.
Take out the maps and charts and say hmm this looks like a place to try and just go there :) repeat till you get sick of it hehe!!!

well you said money no object :)
Rick L

Originally posted by Spectre

I'll have to change my vote to Bikini, then you can grab Scapa Flow, and we'll make a pact together with nickjb for all 3 of us to go to all 3 in the case of one of us hitting the lottery!

Sounds like a plan.

Tom

How about go around the world on liveaboards!!!:wink:

Dive Safe
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom