If money was no object... where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You did say one choice only, right? Perhaps some of those unlimited funds should be spent on reading lessons or maybe counting lessons....:D

Originally posted by Scuba Jim
Kerguelen?

That's in the Indian Ocean! :confused:

That's the one. If I can't have a south Pacific grand circle tour, I'd choose Kerguelen over any single one of those for an all-expenses paid trip.

Wendy - do you mean Jellyfish Lake in Palau?

That was my guess

Spectre, which one?

That'd be me... skimming directions... ["No, first second & third choices"]

Lets see... in the "not gonna happen" list, I'd have to go with the greek island [I'll have to get the name and report back].

For the "if money is no object", then probably Truk... but that changes weekly.

Kerguelen

Tell me why you want to go there? It is a french colony of rock, snow, a bit of tussock grass and some seals & penguins. Why do you want to go to Kerguelen?!!!!

Greg

You're right, but you ask a simple question....
What can I say? When you mention unlimited funds for my use, ya gotta be very specific! :)

Jeff

The only place I can think of off the top of my head that might be your Greek island is Santorini (or Thera, depending on who you speak to). It was an island with a large city on that was destroyed by a volcanic reription in about 1200BC. Some think Santorini was the basis for Plato's Atlantis.

I have snorkelled amongst the ruins of a Minoan village in Crete, but that was just a few low walls covered in algae and seaweed. but that certainly wouldn't fit the bill of the all-time hot spot!

Truk it is then!!! :)

Kerguelen

Tell me why you want to go there? It is a french colony of rock, snow, a bit of tussock grass and some seals & penguins. Why do you want to go to Kerguelen?!!!!
It's extremely remote, wild, and practically never dived. How much more exotic can you get? :D

The French bit is a drawback, though. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom