If money was no object... where would YOU go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Barrier Reef.

JamesK: You will love Dos Ojos. (The eyes) The Cenotes in Mexico are not to be missed. As stated earlier, bring your own dive light & batteries. Make sure you turn your light off for a few minutes too. There will be enough natural light to see-it is really beautiful. Try & dive at Tanka too. Its fresh & salt water. There is a cave which will take (pull) you out to the ocean. Tanka is very hard to find. Down some really rough, bad, narrow dirt roads. But well worth the trip!

Please post a trip report when you get back. I would love to read about your adventures.

My dive club just had a presentation by a rep from the Wakatobi Dive Resort in Indonesia. It's located in a marine reserve, and the pictures and brochures look so enticing.

I'd go there in a heartbeat.

Marc

Kat once bubbled...
Great Barrier Reef.

JamesK: You will love Dos Ojos. (The eyes) The Cenotes in Mexico are not to be missed. As stated earlier, bring your own dive light & batteries. Make sure you turn your light off for a few minutes too. There will be enough natural light to see-it is really beautiful. Try & dive at Tanka too. Its fresh & salt water. There is a cave which will take (pull) you out to the ocean. Tanka is very hard to find. Down some really rough, bad, narrow dirt roads. But well worth the trip!

Please post a trip report when you get back. I would love to read about your adventures.

I will be bringing a couple HID's, and 4 backup lights, of course not on each dive. LOL. Plus plenty of batteries. Thanks for the tip about turning out the lights. I will do just that. I like to do that in the caves in Florida too once i am in the cavern zone.

The lady that I will be diving with down there was telling me about Tanka. It is something we are strongly considering doing.

As far as a trip report, that is a given!!!! :D

Bikini Atoll - Ningaloo Reef and then to PNG where I think I could stay for ever and never get bored

ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT---THE GREAT BARRIER REEF!!!

I have always wanted to dive the Great Barrier Reef also, but if money were absolutely no object I think my first choice would have to be the Galapogas Islands. Australia would rate a close second.

I was stationed there during the war. I did see a small advertisement to go to Vietnam to dive.

Vietnam is a pretty country, especailly up north. Has anyone ever dove over there? I would imagine that there would be some good diving but the accomdations probably aren't the best yet.

No contest : Raja Empat off Irian Jaya.

Every day or two a new specie is discovered, said as the reef with most species anywhere. As it is introduced, it seems like the womb of every marine creature in the ocean, something like the mama reef.

I was browsing the net less than a week ago and I came into an ad for a live aboard on Raja Empat with Larry Smith (THE Larry Smith, the best DM in the world, ex Kungkungan resort) as guide. I'd charter the whole boat just for my party.

And as money would not be a matter I would have stocked a few Nikon F5+housings, then hired say, Doug Perrine or David Doubilet as photo consultant, equipment carrier (hey, I cannot bring those housings underwater by myself...), camera cleaner and washer (c'mon, my budget is unlimited...).

Yes, that's what i would do.

(Doug or David, could you please hand me a cold beer while i'm on the internet, now. :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom