If I dive at 150ft+/45m+ in water temps in 35f/-1c can I get away with a cheap $100 Xs octopus. Or should my octopus also be balanced at that depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I dive at 150ft+/45m+ in water temps in 35f/-1c can I get away with a cheap $100 Xs octopus. Or should my octopus also be balanced at that depth​

This octopus is good for 7000m:

Your seconds should be identical. The idea of a less performance level octo is a throwback to when the mfgs were trying to get people to use an octo vs buddy breathing.
The idea that something cheaper would help convince people to buy one as well as the dumbing down of training led to that becoming the norm.
Think about what it's for. To use in a situation that's inherently stressful. Why would you want something to give to someone or use yourself that's going to increase the stress by making it harder to breathe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom